suicide

by zeb 41 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Who among us has known a jw who has committed suicide. I believe this as a separate subject has not been covered.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

There was a newly baptised guy in a congregation I was in who killed himself. The elder and his wife who were telling people about it just dismissed it with "oh he must have been mentally ill". Even as a JW I thought they were bring heartless.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

SUCH an important topic. Good to bring up the subject again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Actually it has but its worth repeating for obvious reasons.

I've known 3 while been a JWS in a time frame of 20 years.

It's a covered over problem to not be realized.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla
    (Deleted by normalfulla )
  • stillin
    stillin

I've known 4. One elder, three pioneers.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I know of 2 adult jws who did. I know of 2 jws children of which 1 tried to hang herself but her mum walked in and the other who was thinking about it but went to the school counsellor to talk instead thankfully

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I know of two ...

One was a man in his 40's. father and husband. Totally unexpected.

The other was a teenager. He didn't want to be a witness. He had told his parents that. They went to a meeting and he stayed home. when they came home, he had cleaned his room perfectly, then hung himself in the garage. They found him as they opened the garage after the meeting.

• sir82
    sir82

One JW, one DF'ed JW with a believing wife & kid.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Years ago....two.

The first one wiped himself out on his motor cycle after his family split up and left “the truth”.

The second was a sister in the cong who had problems which “the truth” couldn’t help. I felt sorry for her. The PO went around the hall telling us not to talk about it. He eventually ate himself to death, so I will amend my first sentence.

Years ago......three

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit