Sick of it

by Tron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tron
    Tron

Hi Everyone,

I am not a JW, I am 100% Free to Choose Born and Raised.

Well let me get to my story, I have no problem with JW, my wife who I love with all my heart is though. She was raised in it and didn’t have much choice due to a DOMINATING MOTHER in the truth, and at 16 got Baptized by pressure, We have 3 young children who attend meetings but I made it very clear that they will choose there own way, I don’t worry because she is a believer but still has her own mind.

I am here writing this because I just finished another day of the International Convention; I go to help my wife with the kids. And I get sick to see so many pretentious people (hypocrites).

• Tron
    Tron

I cannot criticize the morals that one gains from the bible, they are good and more people should instill it in there life.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

and you were expecting to see ????????????????????????

That's why we are all out, and more than half still in would love to leave, but it's harder than you think.

• Tron
    Tron

Hi Everyone,

I am not a JW, I am 100% Free to Choose Born and Raised.

Well let me get to my story, I have no problem with JW, my wife who I love with all my heart is though. She was raised in it and didn’t have much choice due to a DOMINATING MOTHER in the truth, and at 16 got Baptized by pressure, We have 3 young children who attend meetings but I made it very clear that they will choose there own way, I don’t worry because she is a believer but still has her own mind.

I am here writing this because I just finished another day of the International Convention; I go to help my wife with the kids. And I get sick to see so many pretentious people (hypocrites).

I cannot criticize the morals that one gains from the bible, they are good and more people should instill it in there life.

But what I will criticize is the "we are better than the ones in the world"; I grew up in the world, and know a lot of people who are better than the ones I see in the truth. At least there not Hippocrates like the ones that where there religion on there sleeve and take it off when there at home and then criticize the ones who are not a witness.

How is this for witness’s I have met so far,

Ministerial servant Turned Homosexual

Child molester (Elder)

Thief now I know why the society says not to hire fellow brothers they don’t want the negative coming out.

Alcoholic

Plain old NASTY woman except at meetings (Elders Wife)

Girl (Sister in Law) who goes around judging everyone in the world, insulting them by saying there not worthy of Jehovah.

I do not think god intended us not to have our own choices, did he not create us with Freedom of choice?

I see little 12 year olds getting Baptized it makes me sick they have no clue what it entails being a JW that is probably why you would have so many whacked out ones ,

I love Star Trek, and this all sounds like a primitive Borg like attitude

”Resistance is Futile” in the Society

I know there are so many good JW`s out there but there is a whole lot of bad ones too,

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi and welcome.

I'd advise you to read as much as you can about the organisation, which we also refer to as the "Borg", so that perhaps you can share some of this information with your wife. If she has a mind of her own, as you say, then she may be able to be reasoned with. After all, she married a non-JW (you), so that is a starting point.

You will see that you are not the only one married to a JW on this site, I hope you stick around and find this place useful.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome Tron!

You've pretty much summed it up!

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome, Tron!

Yup, you've seen them for what they are. I grew up in a JW-mom, non-JW-dad house. After I had been to college a couple years, I never went back. But my siblings and I all incurred damage. We grew up judgemental. We thought that dishonesty, ala Spiritual Warfare, was the way to go. We missed a bunch of stuff.

My dad always felt it was a good place for us because it kept us busy and away from other bad influences. That is true to some extent. But I wish he had talked some sense into my mother and we had spent more time in sports et al.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Tron.

Helping your wife take three kids to the convention is a great testiment to your abilities as a husband and a father. You should be very proud of yourself.

I myself was raised in the Watchtower, and my father shown no interest in attending meetings or conventions. I recall him helping out my mother once or twice when we were very young.

It takes humility to undertake this, when you are not a believer in Watchtower doctrine.

Keep at it Bud. If it adds to a happy family home, try your best. You know, I spent 19 years praying that my father would come into the Watchtower, yet he never did. I bet my father spent those 19 years praying that my mother of 30 years a Watchtower slave would leave the Watchtower, which she eventually did.

There is hope for you, my friend. Nobody would have ever thought my mother would come away from the Watchtower, but she has. The truth set her free; I pray it will set your wife free.

La via est duro, Amigo .

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Right on!

• wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

The blind should not lead the blind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit