Video: 607 & 1914 Why These Dates Matter to Jehovah's Witnesses

by LevelThePlayingField 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla
    I thought it was excellent! Great for the non jw's as well as born in's. When trying to give a quick synopsis of jw's you must include all the crazy date setting and this is helpful. Why include all the crazy dates when discussing the cult with non jw's? well, it in a nutshell it helps to further show how insane the cult really is. Watch someone's face while you give a quick run down on the basics of jw-ism, eyes go wide, mouth drops open, confusion and shaking of the head ensues. Finally they give up trying to understand and say, "hmm, sounds like a cult". There you have it, in a few short minutes the non jw has come to the conclusion that is indeed a cult and they should be wary of them when they come knocking.
  • Room 215
    Room 215
    Slimboyfat... so you're "No fan of cedars".... from what I read of your submissions, I doubt you're anyone's fan!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Something I've noticed in the few years since 2011, is the year 1914 mentioned less and less all the time. I'm thinking perhaps this could be done with the intent of the rank and file making less of the year 1914.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Bumping this thread because the video is really very good and as many as poss should see it. Just makes me realize how utterly bonkers the whole thing was and wonder why I ever swallowed it! Never mind the fact it's based on a false date discredited by historians.

There's is an interesting side point made in the comments also which I'd never thought about. I always believed the dragon was hurled down with great anger and as a result WWI broke out. But if it was October 1914 when Jesus was enthroned and war broke out in heaven, then dragon was hurled down (presumably after the heavenly war of undetermined duration) then how come WWI started in July?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I don't want to spend half an hour watching this, so can anyone give me the four scriptures used to arrive at 1914 from 607 please. I used to explain this from d2d but it's been over 26 years. I know the first one is Daniel 4. Something about a time, times, and half a time. Then a day for a year. I know it's just gobbledegook but just in case I get the opportunity to talk to my JW brother or sisters about it. 😕 Yeah pigs will fly. Thanks in anticipation.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

xxxxxxxxA very Merry Unwitness to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit