We would love to have you back

by NVR2L8 20 Replies latest jw friends

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

One of the businesses I cover is owned by JWs and the father and 2 sons knew me as an active brother until 3 years ago when I told one of them I no longer attend the meeting. Today the father and one of the sons asked me if I was still inactive. I told them it has been more than 5 years since I last been at a meeting. The father talked about the November video where a governing body member warmly invites people in my situation to return. I replied that I have not seen the video but that I read the brochure since my wife is still active and brought it home and added this brochure doesn't address why left. I said that I wouldn't be returning to the same religion I left with all the recent changes. As an example I talked about the use of video broadcast especially when the organisation condemned the televangelists. He replied that televangelists were doing it to raise money, to which I replied the Watchtower was doing the same. They said the GB were shifting the way the donations were going to be used to expand the preaching work, not paying to service bethelites or special pioneers. Since there is a lower demand for printed material fewer workers are needed. They both believed that the changes were very positive since it sends more people in the field where the need is great. They asked me to look at the broadcast and the father said he would check with me if I did the next time I visit. Both had the typical JW fake smile and they were fully convinced of Christ direction in all the organisational changes...Because I was on company time and will be returning to conduct business I just couldn't hit them with the real issues that made me leave the cult because I am absolutely sure they would freak out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

NVR2L8: Because I was on company time and will be returning to conduct business I just couldn't hit them with the real issues that made me leave the cult.

So you won't mix religion and business, but they have no problem doing it.

Glad you took the higher road.

• SloppyMcFloppy
    SloppyMcFloppy

They can call whatever they want but when you start grabbing cash from all the cong. And selling buildings etc.... it doesnt take a genius to see there is some kind of cash flow problem.... maybe its wishful thinking on my part.... no more org. means i can have a relationship with my family again!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Sloppy. ..that's the issue...they don't see anything wrong with the organisation's use of money...it's all justified in their brainwashed mind. It's all for the preaching work. Why would anyone question this unless you're an apostate.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They asked me to look at the broadcast and the father said he would check with me if I did the next time I visit.

Jehovahs Witness Police who make sure you watch "JW.ORG Broadcasting"??!!..

........Image result for Watchtower logo

.Watch JW.ORG Broadcasting!............................OR ELSE!!..
    .....Image result for policeman pointing gun.....Image result for policeman pointing gun

• berrygerry
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Tell him you'll watch the monthly broadcast if he agrees to watch Geoff Jackson's "guest appearance" before the Australian Royal Commission.

Then you can compare notes.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    So if it's all about the preaching, ask them why all the paid special pioneers are being let go but they have no problem spending money on real estate investments .
  • SloppyMcFloppy
    SloppyMcFloppy
    Maybe they have a gambling problem..... oh wait everbody already knew that!!! They gamble with people lives!
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Oubliette - good one! Yes tell him you'll compare notes are you BOTH watch the Royal Commission's entire episode!

That'll fix their little red wagon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit