BOE-2018-04-16--Beards and Special Privileges!

by Atlantis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Bruisedandbleeding12
    Bruisedandbleeding12

Hmmmm....Interesting.....thanks Atlantis!!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bruisedandbleeding12:

Welcome old friend!

Atlantis!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Since this letter we sent to an individual and his body of elders, doesn’t this necessarily already identify the source of the leak?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I notice they're still doing the whole "quote a scripture and follow it up with a quote from our literature" trick to juxtapose "inspired" text with their made-up bullshit.

I'm writing this while being fully adorned with a beard.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Gorbatchov
    Watchtower would strip Jesus from his responsebility’s..

I believe they did that already.

Watchtower has the power to actively prevent child sexual abuse or whinge about beards. They chose beards.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

That letter is loaded with coercive language - And so while the letter leaves the way open to wear a beard and be an elder, the problem often arises in the way individual elders and elder bodies 'interpret' this info.

So if you have conservative hounders on the body you will probably not experience any upward mobility in privileges .

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

You guys on this forum are unstoppable in gathering and archiving info !

Ever onward upward etc

• tiki
    tiki

Why are they so paranoid about their documents.....it makes no sense. Why such secrecy about their silly rules and regulations.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is almost word for word the same as the Letter I received from them in around 1974 !! I did not have a skin condition though, so simply asked the question about being an Elder etc.

I showed the letter to several Elders, and some said "Oh its O.K to wear a beard then, good !" , others interpreted it the other way.

I grew a beard shortly after, and wore it for 12 or 13 years, until being told I could not go on a Convention Platform as part of the Programme with a beard, and was shown it in writing in the Instructions that are never normally shown to anyone but Elders taking part.

So, one thing in Private Letters, one in more Public ones, no change there then.

As long as you don't give a poop, then grow one. Better still, grow two of something else and leave !

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I find it very hard to believe that Jehovah would create testosterone in males which produces beard growth yet would be so offended by his creation actually showing the results of testosterone... something he created in the first place!

Its like Michelangelo painting a beautiful fresco then upon stepping down from his ladder ordering the Vatican to paint clothes on the nude figures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit