German got his silver sword

by fastJehu 20 Replies latest social current

• naja
    naja

... however, only a minority speak the German language in Belgium mostly near the German border.

• LV101
    LV101

Empty-handed JWs should be unhappy - how inept can WT be!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe one day they will thank their lucky stars they never received a Silver sword.

• fulano
    fulano

@Naja,

i asked à logical question, and then they started looking in Wikipedia :):), any european knows Germany in not the only german-speaking country.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I wonder if they printed enough for the masses of Pennsylvania Dutch in the US, as well as the South Tyrolians in Italy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Have they changed the cover in German from “Holy Scriptures” to “The Bible” as in the picture? They didn’t change the cover title in English.

• fastJehu
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting. This may be in response to accusations in Russia that their translation “not a Bible” because it is not called a “Bible”. I wonder if they will change fnd title and cover in other language versions, and in English.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Maybe they had to wait till enough people left the ORG to match the number they'd printed.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

slimboyfat,

This is not something new. One year ago, it was issued in the three Nordic languages Danish, Swedish and Norwegian, and the title was "The Bible - The New World Translation". It was stated it was because there are many holy books and there could be confusion as to what faith or religion it dealt with, and therefore the term Bible was used to show what it was. But I also thought of Russia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit