Anthony Morris Says The Governing Body Is Not Dogmatic, But Simply Must Be Obeyed If You Want Jehovah's Blessing

by Brokeback Watchtower 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Next subjects by TOMO: "Why I'm not fat." and "Why we are not a cult."

DD

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anthony Morris Says The Governing Body Is Not Dogmatic, But Simply Must Be Obeyed If You Want Jehovah's Blessing...

...and this is proved HOW?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Now, we're not saying that we want you to obey us without question..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx"...but we want you to obey us without question."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So they've redefined yet another word... "dogmatic".

How many does that make now?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

EXCELLENT, Vidiot!

Londo Mollari is on the GB!

"I'm not saying I'm having a bad hair day, but I'm having a hair day."

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    ...and this is proved HOW?

Anthony Morris got word from his sock puppet Jehovah. And according to AM#3 Jehovah feels totally disgusted at tight pants hugging bulging genitalia, and hates the word dogmatic being used to describe the Faithful Slave policy decrees, and is all upset that gay people are running the garment industry to get more and more eye candy for their voracious desires

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was minded to make a post of this when I saw that video....but I didn't..

AM3 is saying that the word "dogmatic" has a negative understanding so of course we do not apply it to ourselves, but you had better "listen, obey, and be blessed" if you want salvation..

Heard an elder say this in a public talk recently " If The Society say 'jump', we just say 'how high?'"

What does that say about this organization?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    What video is the original, I would like to show someone te original?
  • konceptual99
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Here you go Besty and anyone else...

This morning I thought we'd connect to the fact that obedience to Jehovah always leads to his blessing and let's take the Apostles as an example

Acts chapter 6 it would be good to read it. It's mentioned in our comments. One of the commenters connected the fact that they were involved with feeding previously literal food that Jesus miraculously provided but there's some things of interest here from the 1st century and then we'll bring it up in a moment to the modern day but let's read verses 1 through 4 of Acts Chapter six.

Now in those days when the disciples were increasing, the greek-speaking Jews began complaining against the Hebrew speaking Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution. So the 12 called the multitude of the disciples together and said it is not right for us to leave the Word of God to distribute food to tables so brothers select for yourselves 7 reputable men from among you full of spirit and wisdom that we may appoint them over this necessary matter but we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the Ministry of the word.

So this is what Jehovah wanted them to be focusing on, they should not leave the Word of God, they should be devoting themselves to prayer and in the ministry of the word. That was the focus and they recognize that and its apparent as you look through the account Acts, they were obedient to this and Jehovah blessed them because later go, to Acts chapter 16 please, things progressed and then they end up with various decisions that had to be made and the governing body did it in large beyond the apostles there in the first century as we know.

So after some of these things were discussed at that level and they had been devoting themselves to the ministry of the word and prayer obviously, well, what's the results? Did Jehovah bless them?

Well, the decisions were made. Now notice here in verse 4 of Acts 16. As they travelled on through the cities, they would deliver to them, all the congregations, for observance the decrees that had been decided on by the apostles and the elders who were in Jerusalem.

So these decrees went out and because of their devoting themselves to the Ministry of the word and prayer, er, did Jehovah bless them? Did he bless those that obeyed the decrees? Was obedience leading to Jehovah's blessing for them as well?

Well notice verse 5. Then, indeed, the congregations continued to be made firm in the faith and to increase in number day by day. So obviously Jehovah blessed the obedience that was displayed once these decrees were sent out. Now let's bring it up to modern day here, and you'll find this quite interesting, er I did. I assume you might find it of interest but here in verse 4, if you look at the original language about decrees, er I notice that the Greek there, the word "dogmata". Well, you can hear the word dogma there. er, well things have changed what it means in English now. It;s certainly not anything we want to say the faithful slave is guilty of.

Er, notice here what dictionaries have had to say; if you referred to a belief or a system of beliefs as a dogma, you disapprove of it because people are expected to accept that it is true without questioning it.

A dogmatic view, er, obviously is undesirable and one other dictionary said: if you say someone is dogmatic you are critical of them because they are convinced that they are right and refuse to consider that other opinions might also be justified.

Well, l I don't think we would want to apply this to decisions that come out from the faithful slave in our time, now we have apostates and opposers who would like God's people to think that the faithful slave is dogmatic and they expect, er, you to accept everything that comes out from headquarters as if it's dogma, arbitrarily decided.

Well, this does not apply and that's why it's properly translated decrees, and in our day like Brother Commerce prayed, and often the brothers do, about decisions that have been made not just by the governing body but branch committees, er, this is a theocratic arrangement. Jehovah's blessing the faithful slave and you need to keep in mind, we've made this point, but keep your place here, er, in Acts 16, but look again at Matthew 24, and we've made this point in the past, on verse 45, when the question was raised and now it's been answered in our day, Acts 24 verse 45.

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave, singular see, whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time?

So this is obvious that this slave is a composite slave. The decisions that are made by the faithful slave today are made collectively. So not one man's making these decisions. These decisions, if you wanna call them a decree, are made collectively so when that direction comes out to branch committee members, or when it comes out to the congregations, if you want Jehovah's blessing on you as an individual, or family, certainly as an elder, or congregation, it'd be best to just ask Jehovah to help you understand it but obey the decision.

See that's the same things going to happen today happened in the first century. Notice in verse four and five of Acts 16, I asked you to keep your place there, so when circuit overseers visit and they've brought information from the faithful slave. When branch committee members, er, meet to discuss things and go by the guidelines, well, what's the result?

According to verse five, then, see when these are obeyed, then indeed you're going to be made firm in the faith. Congregations will increase, branch territories will increase day-by-day. Why? Because as we mentioned beginning, Jehovah blesses obedience. This is a theocracy ruled by God not a collection of man-made decisions, this is governed from heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit