Anthony Morris Says The Governing Body Is Not Dogmatic, But Simply Must Be Obeyed If You Want Jehovah's Blessing

by Brokeback Watchtower 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    if you need to fall asleep, fast, just put on the old roku, and put on this man.... zzzzzzzzzzz
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so in just 1 minute, he says that the faithful slave "is NOT dogmatic", and then goes on to say DOGMATICALLY that we all MUST obey their directions in all things!

Huh???

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That's how the WTS stretches the truth to suit their own appealing objectives of control and power.

• Clambake
    Clambake
    Sometimes it just feels like pure mockery. He is literally makes fun of you.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It's all about the ''obedience''.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Ah, you see, I'm catching along just fine here. I have seen in several threads now, and thanks for mentioning it stuckin, that the GB will say one thing like we're not dogmatic and then dogmatically say you must obey us. You see I'm being educated in little ways all the time. Don't get me wrong, I've noticed this in the past and even done a head scratch.

But I just enjoy the comedy of the education and all sometimes.

As regards to why Morris is so lathargic, I think his meds must have been kicking in when they recorded that part. You know, after that tight-pants part last year, they had to tame Toni-the-Tiger.

• besty
    besty
    is it transcripted anywhere?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Ok so this is from a Youtube auto transcript. Apologies for the lack of formatting... I've not got time now to clean it up but if anyone wants to take over the mantle otherwise it will be later tonight probably...

this more I thought we'd connect to the fact that obedience to Jerome always leads to is blessing and let's take the Apostles as an example actual chapter 6 greeted as mentioned in our comments like hers connected the fact that they were involved with feeding previously literal truth the jesus miraculously provided there's some things of interest here from the 1st century and then we'll bring it up in a moment to the modern day let's read verses 1 through 4 of Acts Chapter six now in those days when the disciples were increasing the greek-speaking Jews began complaining against the Hebrew speaking jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution so the 12 called the multitude of the disciples together and said it is not right for us to leave the Word of God to distribute food to tables so brothers electra ourselves 7 reputable men from among you full of spirit and wisdom that we may appoint them over this necessary matter but we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the Ministry of the word so this is what you're hopeful wanted them to be focusing on they should not leave the Word of God they should be devoting themselves to prayer and in the ministry of the word that was the focus and they recognize that and its apparent as you look through the account access they were obedient to this injury over bless them because later go to act chapter 16 please things progressed and then they end up with various decisions that had to be made in the governing body did in large beyond the apostles there in the first century as we know so after some of these things were discussed at that level and they had been devoting themselves to ministry of the word and prayer obviously we don't know what's the results did Jehovah bless them you know the decisions weremade not notice here in verse for vac 16 as they travel down through the city's they were delivered to them all the congregation's observance the decrees that had been decided on by the apostles and the elders who were in jerusalem so these decrees went out and because of their devoting themselves to the Ministry of the word and prayer to Jehovah bless them that bless those that are being the decrease was a beating and sleeting to solve his blessing for them as well well known as first 5 then indeed the congregation's continue to be made firm in the faith and to increase in number day by day so obviously Jehovah bless the obedience that was displayed once these decrees were sent out now let's bring it up to modern day here and you'll find this quite interesting idea some you might find jurors but here in verse for if you look at the regional language about decrees I notice that the Greek there the dog Mada you can hear the word doc neither well things have changed the means in English now is certainly not anything we want to say the faithful slave is guilty of notice here but dictionaries of head to say if you referred to a believer a system of beliefs as a dogma you disapprove of it because people are expected to accept that it is true without questioning a dogmatic view obviously is undesirable one other dictionaries if you say someone as dogmatic you are critical of them because they are convinced they are right and refused to consider that their opinions might also be justified well I don't think we would want to apply this to decisions that come out from the faithful slave and our time now we have apostates posers would like God's people to think that the faithful slave his dogmatic and they expect you to accept everything that comes out from headquarters as if its dogma arbitrarily decided well this does not apply that's why it's properly translated decrees in our day like for the commerce prayed and often the brothers do own decisions will be made not just by the governing body but branch committees this is a theocratic arrangement Jehovah's blessing the faithful slave and you keep in mind we've made this point but keep your place here in X 16 but look again at Matthew 24 and we've made this point in the past and verse 45 when the question was raised and now it's been answered and heard a twenty-four hours 45 who really is the faithful and discreet slave Cingular women's master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the property time so this is obvious that this slave is a composite slave the decisions that are made by the faithful slave today are made collectively how one man's making these decisions these decisions if you wanna call him a decree made collectively so when that direction comes out to branch committee members or when it comes out to the congregation's if you want your home his blessing on you as an individual ur family certainly elder congregation at the best to just ask your help you understand it but obey the decision see that's the same things going to happen today happen in the first century notice in verse four in five acts 16 as you to keep your place there so when circuit overseers visit and they've brought information from the faithful slave when branch committee members meet to discuss things and go by the guidelines will what's the results according to various five then see when these are obeyed then indeed you're going to be made firm in the faith congregations will increase branch territories will increase day-by-day why because as we mentioned beginning Java blesses obedience this is a theocracy ruled by God not a collection of man-made decisions this is governed from

• nelim
    nelim

Is this from Bethel morning worship?

I find most interesting why do they feel the need to even talk about this subject? It's a minefield for them. Either they are that stupid, or they feel the need to defend themselves, or ... I don't know, I am quite confused actually. He also doesn't sound very convincing, almost mumbling as if he realizes it doesn't make sense what he is saying but also afraid to face the facts so must believe it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Yup - morning worship. It's on JWB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit