Easy, sleazy bimbos

by YoursChelbie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

Nosferatu I have to disagree with you when you pointed out that if a man snubs the advances of a woman she will give up. Not true! I have personally seen more than a couple of women a different work places make advances on married men and only married men, when they were snubbed the women went to even more extremes to snag these men, such as sending nude pictures to them leaving thier thongs at the men's desks (in a box), rubbing themselves against the men. It was so bad that the supervisors had to take action, theses were happily married men.

Now ladies if you found out that a woman had been making advances on your man, and your man told you that he had told her to stop, and you find that the advances are getting even more outlandish, wouldn't you wonder what your husband was up to? These women they were married to did, and thier marrages suffered, even though these men were trying to do the right thing.

This could happen in reversed roles, so how do you shield yourself from this kind of intrusion on your life?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm curious...why are you asking?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I'm easy, alright. However, never, never, sleazy.

Easy, sleazy, bimbos targeting those poor innocent men. How very biblical. That sort of temptress behavior originated with Eve. Poor Adam, he was just minding his own business. Eve made him do it.

I also noticed single men included as targets.

In general, I agree with what Abbadon wrote. I have always been puzzled when a spouse cheats, the injured party scapegoats "the other person". It wasn't them that made the vows, or promise to be faithful.

And quite frankly, if I man doesn't have the balls to tell a woman to get lost, he is enjoying the attention.

Andee

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well now I know I am going to california....love those easy women!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Obiwan-I agree with you about persons not necessarily giving up if their advances don't get them anywhere.

We had a teenager for a neighbor that was very free regarding her sexuality. She made advances toward nearly every man in the neighborhood, and seemed to find married men a special "challenge".When she zoned in on my husband, I tried to ignore it at first.She came from an abusive home situation, and was trying desparately to boost her ego with her affairs. I've had women pull this before, and I've learned that usually, if you just don't overreact when they hit on your partner, just look at them with amused detachment, the game tends to be not so entertaining. She, on the other hand, would not only have benefitted from a little therapy, she would also have benefitted from a little discipline. She was, in short, a spoiled rotten brat, used to manipulating people and getting her way.And if she didn't get results, she would try even harder.

I spoke with my husband about this, and told him that I understood if her behavior flattered him or tempted him. I told him I realized that just because we were married doesn't mean that we wouldn't at times be sorely tempted by other people. I asked, him, though, to imagine how he would feel if I were the one being pursued. I asked him to think about how he would feel if I gave in.He said that he made a promise to remain faithful and he intended to keep it (It wasn't such a hard thing for him to imagine, I later learned, as a much younger aquaintance of his had TOLD him that he intended to "take" me away from him. The man had indeed made advances toward me, which I rejected.I had no idea at the time that he told my husband beforehand that he was going to try it.

Unfortunately, that didn't prevent her games, and he was getting irritated by it. We finally had to tell her that she would not be permitted in our yard, and if she did come on our property, we would charge her with trespassing. I explained to her that her behavior was very inappropriate, and that if she continued it, she was likely to suffer physical and emotional consequences.I encouraged her to seek therapy to deal with her issues.She said some choice words to me and stalked off.

She tried to approach my husband a few times in public, but he made it very clear that he was not interested. She didn't think of sending him any articles in the mail.Or maybe she did, but since she was aware that I was the one that checked the mail, she didn't think it would be effective. Eventually, she gave up and started pursuing another man.There was a collective sigh of relief in the neighborhood when she moved.

The girl had told her former boyfriend that she had herpes (hence,her choice words on departure, I'm guessing).The poor guy didn't know about her proclivities until she started playing her little games while dating him (he had broken up with her quite a while before the episode with my husband).My husband told him about her advances toward him, and the man felt that he should tell my husband about the herpes, in case they had had relations.

How do you shield yourself? I don't think you can entirely. Humans are sexual beings, period. We have to live and interact with other humans, and we may find ourselves attracted to them, or them to us. Sexuality and attraction aren't "good" or "bad", they are just feelings. What we choose to DO about those feelings is what engenders closeness or causes problems.What I think helps is to think about the situation beforehand and lay down some guidelines for ourselves if we end up in such a situation.And I think (as painful as it might be) it helps to explore what the ramifications of infidelity may be-how could we handle things if our partner does have sex with someone else.

Some things we need to know is how important is sex to ourselves and our partner, and do we feel that we are giving and receiving satisfactorally in our relationship, or is there room for improvement?Realizing that sex has many facets helps. Sex can be engaged in for a variety of reasons, even within a relationship. We need to recognize and celebrate both the sacred and the earthy aspects of sexuality.

We need to explore the same thing regarding meeting the emotional needs of our mates and ourselves also, as it is often the lack of an emotional connection that causes one to stray-both women and men need to feel that they are sexy to their mate and loved by their mate.We need to be very careful of certain life passages, where this connection can be tested, like pregnancy, the death of a loved one, dealing with issues of aging, conflict over childrearing or money issues, the close of a business, loss of a job, etc.

We need to be honest and respectful. One mistake I no longer make is to think of my mate as being "taken". He has made a choice to be with me, but that isn't set in stone. I have also made him aware that this fact is appropo to me( a hard lesson for a man that was raised in an extremely patriarchal family to learn, especially with a wife he could routinely boss around when she was a JW -with the full approval of her religious leaders)!

We have, as a couple, discussed what we think would happen if either of us cheated. This came about because of a very unfortunate experience we lived through earlier in our marriage (not infidelty, but way too close for comfort). We both have different methods for handling infidelity, and we have made the other aware of it.

One thing we have learned from past mistakes is to not get complacent about our relationship. Relationships are living things that require constant nourishment. But there is also a need for us to pursue our individual interests. We have learned that we don't have to be attached at the hip, and that when we spend time away from each other pursuing hobbies that we like and the other person does not, we are much more appreciative of our relationship (absence makes the heart grow fonder).

We have also discussed how to handle our relationships with our workmates. There are certain situations we have agreed we will not get ourselves into to cut down on incidents of the sort described. For our relationship, we have decided that neither of us will take a business trip where the other mate is excluded by the company. This occurred once regarding my husband's workplace. People, all I can say is, if they tell you your mate can't come with you, even if said mate arranges for their own travel and goes at their own expense, BEWARE if they offer no explanation!! He quit that job when the boss asked him if he planned to be a family man or a company man.Both of us would quit any job if there is an environment of extreme sexual harrassment.

We will also not take trips longer than two days, or attend functions where alcohol "flows a little too freely" without our mate present. And if someone does start "coming on" to us, we make our mate aware, without naming names or giving gory details (which we've found for us leads to feelings of jealousy and is not productive).Just by the act of letting the other person know that it's occurring, we are able to reflect and be sure that our marriage is meeting our needs, so we can weather the storm.If we are at a point in our marriage where we don't feel like telling our mate about it, that's a major red flag that we need to work out whatever is wrong with our relationship at the moment.

Fortunately, since the above incident, neither of us have had any "stalkers", but both of us have encountered a couple of people who have tried initiate affairs with us this year. Usually, a simple "I'm not interested" does suffice. As the guys who are searching for a casual relationship can attest to, there isn't a sea of Bimbos and Himbos, lol.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Andee,

I think what is being referred to here are unwanted advances by work mates, not sex in general.

I agree that it is up to the person in a relationship to say no to someone who seeks a relationship with them, whether they are married or not.

But there are times when a relationship is more vulnerable than at other times, such as when a mate is pregnant or extremely ill, and I know of cases where a person who wanted to break up the marriage used the vulnerable emotional state of the married partner to their advantage during those times-it was stated triumphantly by the perpetrator to the mates of the married partners that they had done so.That is just plain damn wrong!!

The person who intentionally seeks a relationship with persons who are married is also responsible for their actions, and the subsequent reaction they receive from society -be they female OR male.

In general, men who intentionally get involved with married women don't seem to be held to the same sort of "justice" as women who intentionally get involved with married men (although I do know of an experience where a single man who REFUSED the advances of a married woman was rumored to be homosexual throughout the whole plant that he worked at, and in two neighboring towns as a result).Married women are usually castigated for their affairs, while married men are just "doing what men are born to do." Okaaayyyy.Whatever.

And often single women who unknowingly get involved with married men get treated like dirt, even when they break off the affair upon finding out their partner's marital status. That's just plain not fair.

I do agree there is a double standard regarding sexuality. But women are just as likely to judge other women as harshly as men judge women.And men don't judge women they want to sleep with as harshly as they do a woman they don't want to sleep with, unless of course, they can't have her-lol.

The bottom line (pun intended,lol) is that we ALL need to take responsibility for our sexual decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit