Where is Tony?

by Athanasius 153 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Correct Mike, they were making it all up as they went along.

• Samcats
    Samcats

I found him!!!

• Earnest
    Earnest

Raymond Franz wrote (in Crisis of Conscience, 4th edition, p.45) that Thomas Sullivan "in his eighties, nearly blind and in poor health" would repeatedly sleep during the governing body sessions. He remained a member of the governing body until he died at the age of 86.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Samcats! He looks GGGGGGGGREAAAAAT!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think Lyman Swingle, and possibly a few other GB members were bedridden for some time before they died but remained members of the GB until they died.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Grant Suiter likewise following his fall.

George

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Fred Franz was blind and living in the Bethel Infirmary but still a member of the Governing Body.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I saw an unofficial video of Freddie a few years before he died, from someone who had visited bethel. The thing that really stood out in my mind, so much so that I still remember it. Was for a frail old man, how mentally sharp he was. He must of been in his 90’s at the time and as sharp as a razor. Could quote the bible and give an in-depth discussion, explanation of it. Incredible really.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx
    Fred Franz was blind and living in the Bethel Infirmary but still a member of the Governing Body

So the story that he left due to infirmity does not hold up.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

jehovaxx, No, that explanation doesn't hold water. The speculation on Quora is just loyal JWs trying to obscure the real issue: did he jump, or was he pushed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit