Wow! The look they had on their faces!

by ianao 32 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

Oops I forgot,

JAVA you are still my hero. That story you posted about what you do when they come to your neighborhood was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Perhaps when you have time you could repost it for the new people? It's a true classic.

riz

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• riz
    riz

Wendy that was you? Oh no!

I would have had a hard time going out in service with you, I'm afraid. LOL.

I used to pray that nobody would answer the door so I wouldn't have to talk to them.

I remember one day I had to work a territory with the one woman from the hall whom NOBODY wanted to get stuck in a car group with.

We go to a door and a woman answers. She says right off the bat, "I'm not interested." I say to myself, "sweet! let's go."

But noooooo. The woman I'm with whips out her bible and sticks her foot in the door. I about died of embarassment.

The householder is looking at me like "What the hell is up with this lady you are with?" and I look at her and my eyes say "God, I am so sorry!" She gave me a knowing smile and I felt better, thinking hopefully she didn't think I was a freak too.

So for the next 45 minutes they argued back and forth as I prayed for a quick and painless death.

I know the sister I was with thought she was doing the right thing, but in reality it's jw's like her that make most people shut the blinds and lock the door.

rizzy

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• JAVA
    JAVA

Wendy,

I am going to have to reply to that.

Good, you didn't disappoint me!
    Ianao implied he was a witness that killed an elder! What good is that?

Besides being ridiculously funny, it was an obvious lie (tell me you're not sending posts from jail Ianao, or I'll really be in trouble with Wendy). It's like me telling you, "I'm 8 feet tall," and you reply with, "Oh sure, and I'm 20 feet tall." This JW couple just lied to Ianao by saying, "We are not affiliated with any church at all. We aren't salesman either." Ianao's obvious lie showed disdain towards them because they lied in a deceitful manner.

No, this couple didn't get down on their knees and admit lying. Perhaps they couldn't even admit lying to themselves, but deep inside they know they were less than honest. Sometimes a obvious lie can expose deceitful lies like theirs. Their lie was far more dishonest and harmful than Ianao's.

We all react to things differently in life. I just wanted to add how I react when they come to the door. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes.

You bet, Ianao's time in service might not work for others, but I believe it has shock value that can put a new wrinkle in the flat JW brain. You didn't "step on anyones toes" Windy, we're just kicking around ways to count time when the Witnesses come knocking on doors with Watchtower lies.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• JAVA
    JAVA

I don't know where it is anymore, riz. We can only search topic headings, and that's not helping me find it.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• rosjhnny
    rosjhnny

It's interesting how much discussion can come out of a simple presentation. I don't think that it was dishonest for the jw's not to mention that they were there for religious reason. They were just bending the "Truth" liked a lot of people do. Anyway, those of you who have not had the opportunity to meet and have an open disscussion with a JW, you are missing out on an oppurtunity of a "Life time".

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Wendy,
    That figures, I was of the wait it out class too!! LOL.
    Believe it or not all, a JW, called and left a message on our answering machine yesterday. I guess she was doing telephone territory. She sounded older, so probably can't actually get out in FS. I didn't know they left messages on answering machines though. She was offering the "Does God Care" brochure. Left her name and number. Thinker hasn't decided yet, whether or not to call her.
    Funny that I should see this thread the very next day!
    TW

• tergiversator
    tergiversator
    So for the next 45 minutes they argued back and forth as I prayed for a quick and painless death.

Hehehehehe, riz! I can remember being stuck with those kinds of people. And I hated being stuck with people like mommy, too (sorry ), who had to wait at the door practically until the absent householder pulled into the driveway that evening. Oh sure, a little strategic dawdling here and there was a good thing, but after a while it got really dull and I wanted to get the blood flowing in my legs again.

It also happened once or twice, when I was stalling at a door I was sure no one was home at, that the householder would suddenly open the door, on their way to check the mail, say, and looked really surprised, saying, "Oh, are you still here?" That was when I was always sorely tempted to say something like, "We're from the census", anything to not identify us as Jehovah's Witnesses. Never did, though.

• rosjhnny
    rosjhnny

It's interesting how much discussion can come out of a simple presentation. I don't think that it was dishonest for the jw's not to mention that they were there for religious reason. They were just bending the "Truth" liked a lot of people do. Anyway, those of you who have not had the opportunity to meet and have an open disscussion with a JW, you are missing out on an oppurtunity of a "Life time".

• rosjhnny
    rosjhnny

• mommy
    mommy

Oh great now noone is gonna come have a cup of coffee with me LOL
    Thanks Java for your input, glad I didn't disappoint
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit