Wow! The look they had on their faces!

by ianao 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Loves asks,
    "Mommie you dont happen to have a large neon sign in the front yard that says "F.A.B Headquarters" do you? :)"

No, but what a FABulous idea!

LOL,
    Mommie

• mommy
    mommy

I am with Comf on this one. I have had several different JW come to my door, and they all have been very nice. I actually have quite a collection of Knowledge books as well. They really think they are doing what they are supposed to do, so how can I make it even harder for them. I have told all of them my inactive state and questions that I have concerning the org. Of coure I never see them again, but maybe I have planted a seed of "truth" in their heart.
    I see no reason to be rude or evil to the messenger. This only reinforces to them that they are doing God's work, because they are being persecuted.(sp?)
    wendy

• JAVA
    JAVA

You gave a good witness, ianao! Thanks for the post. I don't see many JWs in my neighborhood anymore. Perhaps it has something to do with offering to go door-to-door with them when they're in the hood.

Wendy,

No matter how the JWs are treated, they see themselves as god's little persecuted people on earth. I don't think ianao was rude, he simply beat them at their own game. Instead of allowing them to control the conversation, he contolled it. (JWs can't handle that.) They were uninvited people at his door trying to deceive, sell, and find other suckers to do the same. The best cons are the ones who don't act like cons, and act like old friends. ianao forced them into lying right away, and exposed their deceit. I think he gave them more to think about after the visit, than being nice and rewarding deceitful behavior. Nice or not, JWs engage in dishonest behavior when they knock on doors. They might or might not be sincere, but that's beside the point--they are there to sell and convert, and will lie to do it.

We are not affiliated with any church at all. We aren't salesman either
    The nice couple was lying--treating them as liars might give them something to think about.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• LDH
    LDH

Good on ya, Ianao!

since I moved last year, I never updated the congregation records or told anyone where I was living.

In one whole year, they've only come by once. (I live in the heart of suburbia, you know--one of those streets where you leapfrog over another couple while doing house to house.)

I have determined when they do come by, to sit down with them at my home computer and go directly to the WBTS home page, and confront them with all of the lies on it.

We'll see.

• mommy
    mommy

Java,
    I am going to have to reply to that. Ianao implied he was a witness that killed an elder! What good is that? I personally would rather talk to them and make them think, by asking questions they are unable to answer. I have on several occasions spoken to the witnesses, and when greeted with the "We are not salesman" line I have rebuffed in an honest way, exposing that they are.

It doesn't really matter who does what when the JW come to the door. We all react to things differently in life. I just wanted to add how I react when they come to the door. Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes. I am sure the direct indirect approach works well for some. I just choose the direct approach.
    wendy

• emyrose
    emyrose

Funny I never thought I was deceiving people when
    out in field service? I doubt that the
    average JW goes door to door w/ the intention of
    conning or swindling folks. I honestly thought I
    was aiding in saving people by bringing them into the truth.
    When they approach me nowadays I kindly decline the literature
    and feel compassion for them, because i know that they are
    under mind control and wasting precious time living in a dream
    world. I would never begin to abuse or hate them. Isn't that
    what many accuse them of doing on this board? Why would we advocate such
    poor and hateful behavior? Why? I find it quite disturbing to
    see that it's that easy to instigate hatred for a group of people
    we once were a part of and where some still have family members.
    But I guess that's part of human nature.
    And that's why leaders like Hitler will continue
    rise in the future.

Emyrose

• riz
    riz

Remember standing on the porch, knocking on the door, and seeing the householder close the blinds?

I'm one of them now! Muahahahahaha.

I just don't answer the door. I'd rather not talk to them. Don't tell me I'm alone on this.

rizzy

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

• mommy
    mommy

Emyrose,
    Please don't look at it as advocating hateful behaviour. Everyone is in a different stage in leaving right now. And their reaction will be different to this thread. This DB allows us to express our ideas on how we would handle a situation. So please don't denounce it as Poor and Hateful. It really is not in their eyes in this stage of their recovery
    wendy

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Rizzy Diz
    I was posting and didn't see you come in. Remember the sister in the hall who refused to leave the porch after she heard a noise in the house or the blinds moved? Heehee that was me God I was awful, Ikes!
    wendy

• battman
    battman

How abount inviting them in then spend "waste"
    as much of their time as possible. Take a trip
    to the potty, make tea, offer cookies, ask lots
    of questions. Sure they are taking your time
    but at least they then end up only making one
    or two calls. According to the new understanding
    and bible calculations 45 minutes equal 1 hour.

I usually keep my watch at least 5 minutes fast. hehehe

Therefore rarely spend anywhere close to an hour and
    my group seems quite happy with my "maturity" and
    observation of "Timing" hehe

battman
    off to Krispy Kremes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit