Up date on moi

by shera 29 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

If you want to know....

If you remeber when I had it a little rough a few weeks ago considering my son,who is disabled with autism.Well things are better.I decided to quit my job and stay at home with him.I have now controlled most of his behavior but I still have a hard time with keeping him clothed.I looked into many places but they just can't offer me anything,for him with out the money...I realized my son basically just has me and I'm going to be there for him.

Working and having a full time job at home was too much for me and I'm not ashamed to say that too. Well he can still stress me out but we are both happier people.He has changed much,now that he has his mommy at home.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Shera,

This is wonderful. What you did, putting your child first, is so wonderful. Your relationship with your son and the better results in him will be well worth any sacrifice that you now make.

Hugs to you. The world needs more like you.

• shera
    shera

Thankyou so much

That really gave me a lift.

(((Gopher)))

• acsot
    acsot

(((Shera)))

I remember your post about your son. I'm so happy for you - you've obviously made the right decision, you seem happier and more relaxed in this post. You'll never regret your decision - just try and take care of yourself too, okay?

• blondie
    blondie

Shera, are there any support groups in your area? We have some in ours, parents with autistic children in various stages of coping.

I'm glad to hear that some things are improving. You're a great mom!

Blondie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Shera,

Just curious, how old is your son, how severe is the autism (I'm assumming fairly severe if he has a hard time staying clothed. What kind of services are you looking for.

My 20 year old step son is autistic, fairly high functioning. He was born with Fragile X syndrom, which is the causative diagnosis for the Autism. Write me in private if you prefer (and there's always the option of just plain ignoring me too.).

Michael (aka Yeru)

• shera
    shera

Hi,no I won't enore you...

I'm am just looking for teaching and workshops on how I can teach my son.these people want 700.00 for a two day work shop and they won't allow me to do it for free...and there is a transportation issue for me as well. I have always been good with children and teaching them too,but this is 100% different.

Petty sent me a good book and I have started to read it.This should help me ,I hope.

He is 8 yrs old,he is moderate to severe with his autism,but he is sharp and knows a lot that is going on around him.He also understands a lot that you say to him,but he lacks verbal skills.He will keep clothes on in school and most of the time in other peoples homes,so he knows he has to keep them on,but he loves to be O'natural at home....but this is a concern for when he begins to mature.

thanks for the replys

Hugs to you all

Heather

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I have now controlled most of his behavior but I still have a hard time with keeping him clothed.

Shera, I hope you don't mind me making a small joke to bring a smile to your face...My husband's not autistic but I still have the same problem with him! I wish at least he'd close the drapes!!

Being a mom is the most important thing anybody does, I'm so impressed with you!

• shera
    shera

LOL, Asleif

Thats ok I don't mind humor.I even makes jokes about things.It helps make things not look so bad.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Shera))) - glad to hear its going so much better - I think you're gonna do faboulusly with being stay at home - and I'm sure Matthew will flourish under his mother's guidance!!!

Hats off to ya again - and I'm here if you ever need to talk - or want additional information!

Love,

Rhonda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit