Trump suggests postponing the elections ... I'm not making this up

by RubaDub 71 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I found the gun info by phoenix rising "Riots one reason to own . . . " I thought there was one other gun topic lately besides the one Minimus started but I usually skip over - always racing along.

Who has time to be bored during COVID! If only.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    To be fair, the Latin sentence structure of the Second Amendment is confusing to some people, so their position strikes me more as inaccurate / incorrect / untenable / erroneous than unconstitutional.
    But that's just me

Who gives a shit. It's really stupid this idea that we need to parse and decipher words written by men hundreds of years ago who knew way less that we do, as if they were Moses walking down the mountain with tablets.

These were MEN. We should be able to decide on our own what exactly is better for our country today without worrying what some guys thought was right that long ago.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Lv101 wait you want me to do research in order to support your claim ? Laughable stance. If you make a claim you need to be able to back it up with proof, otherwise it reveals the fallacies of your argument.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/debunking-voter-fraud-myth

Here is a link that demonstrates how dare election fraud is

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

That should read rare

• TD
    TD

These were MEN. We should be able to decide on our own what exactly is better for our country today without worrying what some guys thought was right that long ago.

I guess I could respond more intelligently if I understood where you're headed with this line of thought. What are you suggesting? That we trash the Bill of Rights?

The rule of law is what makes civilization above the level of mud huts possible and as such, the Constitution is the highest law of the land.

But as I've told my liberal friends for years, we have mechanisms in place to change even that. It's not easy and rightly so.

If you disagree with the Second Amendment, than start your own little movement to get it changed.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Trump's continuation of idiocy which he's quite open about in revealing such as Twitter carries on .

Now he wants to ban TikTok.

You would think that he would be more concerned about other apparent problems effecting the United States ?

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

I referred to the constitution as a living document. That includes amendments such as the bill of rights. I support the constitution in its entirety. Perhaps.I should provide.a.definition of.what is meant by a living constitution as defined by a legal expert

In the words of the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, "...the Constitution is not static. It doesn't mean what the people voted for when it was ratified. Rather it changes from era to era to comport with [...] 'the evolving standards of decency that mark the progress of a maturing society.'"

I referred to the constitution as a living document as a response to a previous post criticising the validity of its relevance to modern society.The following was posted by redvip

"Who gives a shit. It's really stupid this idea that we need to parse and decipher words written by men hundreds of years ago who knew way less that we do, as if they were Moses walking down the mountain with tablets.

These were MEN. We should be able to decide on our own what exactly is better for our country today without worrying what some guys thought was right that long ago."

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

The reason Trump wants to postpone the election is to give the Democrats an opportunity to find a candidate who is able to put together a coherent sentence. This offer from Trump is remarkably gracious.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Frozen do you really believe what you just said? The constitution must be followed period or we are no better than a banana republic. The people will choose who they want to govern them. If it is Trump so be it if it is Biden so be it. Anything less is treasonous.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The reason Trump wants to postpone the election is to give the Democrats an opportunity to find a candidate who is able to put together a coherent sentence.

Yes someone like Trump who presents himself with such intellectual orientation when he's making a public speech on a topic.

Example .....

On Gay Marriage

"It's like in golf... A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial - but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive... it's weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit