You Can Be Happy As A JW If...

by JW_Rogue 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    1. You are delusional. Meaning that you believe everything that the WT says 100% without questioning it all. You believe there is no other source of truth or valid view points. Truth is absolute and is provided by the WTBS. These delusions make you content because you know in your heart the reward of everlasting life is coming...soon.
    2. You have many companions. Notice how I said companions and not friends? That's because these spiritual friends know that they would have to dump you at a moments notice if you had an original thought. That's okay though because at least you have gatherings to go to and people to talk to about superficial things.
    3. You don have any personal ambitions. Giving up a huge chunk of your time to organizational activities isn't really a big deal because you have no personal ambitions or desires anyway. Get a better job? No thanks, too much stress. Hobbies? That's a waste of time. Reading? Only the WT for me!
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

4. You are insecure and need to be reassured that you are doing the right thing on a frequent basis.

When I was in and attending a meeting, I took to heart when we were told from the platform: You are in the best place right now. There is no place, at this time, where you could be, that would put you in a better position should Armageddon fall upon the world at that very moment.

It felt comforting to believe I was in the right crowd.

• kairos
    kairos

All true, yet somehow any active JW would disagree with you on all points.

• faithnomore
  • flipper
    flipper
    You can be happy as a JW if... you live in denial. Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Willing to give up all dreams and aspirations.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    You are insecure and need to be reassured that you are doing the right thing on a frequent basis.

Never thought about it like that but it's true. They like to reinforce that it is not actually a waste of time, that all the answers make sense. They set up arguments that they can refute but never delve into the deeper questions that expose the whole thing for what it is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I could have remained happy as a JW...

x

...if I could have somehow shut my intellect off.

(Which - needless to say - I couldn't do, any more than I could stop breathing.)

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    5.) You have persecution (even though much of it is fabricated) to support the ideology that you are right in sticking with the organization. You have been told that Satan cares little about those already in his clutches, so he "walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone". Every bit of resistance, indifference, or bad press that you hear directly or indirectly is inspired of Satan, who is at war with Jehovah and you should be thankful that you have Jehovah's protection because you are solidified in his cult. You've chosen "Jehovah's side" and feel pity for those who do not think and behave like you.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Billzfan23...

Yup.

The more extreme you act, the more "the world" will be "against" you, and the more convinced you'll be that you have "God's backing" (a.k.a. "they know you're 'right' and hate you for it").*

x

Credit where credit's due...

...as religious self-validations go, it's damn near bulletproof. :smirk:

x

* Couldn't possibly be because you're simply weirding them out, oh no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit