Smoker or Non Smoker?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you smoke?

Would you live with a smoker, if you are non smoker?

I wouldn't be able to smell cigarette smoke at home nor in my car.

• shamus
    shamus

DEFINETLY NON.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Very non. Couldn't live with it. Couldn't work with it. Oop ack.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

DEFINITELY A NON-SMOKER, and I COULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES live with somoene who does smoke.

The idea of a product which causes cancer, yellows teeth, wrinkles your skin, and makes your clothes stink... all while costing an arm and a leg for a pack of them is lunacy.

Smokers, you are ADDICTED to a DRUG called nicotine. Do you relish in the idea that you are a slave to a drug like you were once slave to a magazine-peddling cult performing free labor for the Watchtower Society?

www.thetruth.com

Sorry if I appear to be preaching about this subject, but when you have friends who are dying from lung cancer because of smoking cigarettes... it becomes a personal issue.

• JH
    JH

Where I live,near a big high school of about 2000 students, I notice that more girls than boys smoke.

Why is this? Is it just to be accepted?

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I'm one of those rotten, hypocritical, zero-tolerant, ex-smokers.

• JH
    JH

Oh BTW, is this a non smoking area of the forum?

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

I am usually a non-smoker, but occasionally have one or two at the bar. However, when I smoked regularly, I never smoked in the house, and only in the car with the windows down, otherwise I only would smoke outside. I couldn't live with a smoker who smoked in the house, I hate the smell of stale cigarette smoke.

I like to smoke cigars on occasion, but not as much since I quit smoking.

EK

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I'm a non-smoker!! I can't even date someone who smokes!! Blech!

• Prisca
    Prisca

I detest cigarette smoke. I don't like going to bars and clubs particularly for that reason. Even if it's outside, it's hard to avoid cigarette smoke if people sitting or walking near you are smoking.

I think my abhorrence of smoking comes from the fact that 1) I grew up in a non-smoking household, and 2) my mother died of lung cancer, contracted from passive smoking.

Smoking kills, and you don't have to be a smoker to be affected by it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit