BS stories in the publications

by Billzfan23 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

senior member of the company staff

He went from "guy who crawls on the floor with the hand vac" to "guy who points left or right when you're driving up to the car wash wheel tracks".

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i know my parents used to lap this sort of stuff up.. and anything involving demons was relished to be rehashed to next sucker in the supply chain. its a sort of innocence--believing whatever the society--or other dub minions --spout out.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    He went from being laid off (and washing the cars of executives) to being a "senior member of the company staff"

And from there he went on to be President of Ghana. Wilson is now negotiating trade commerce with President Trump for a better Ghana.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Wait... wasn't Mr Wilson in the film castaway 😋

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I thought the governing body was one pack of cunning wolves. Seems they are idiots too, to write such a story.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Sounds like one of many "fables" found in their prior years Yearbook. Once you realize that some of the "stories" are just made up, then all of the "stories" become unbelievable.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

It's like finding money in someone else's wallet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    EverApostate - "I thought the governing body was one pack of cunning wolves..."

Clearly, you'd never seen Letto the Clown's JWTV appearances. :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

So much for the Christian principle of not parading your righteousness before men.

Take heed that ye do not your righteousness before men, to be seen of them: else ye have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. Mathew 6:1

Edited to add: My own firsthand evidence that JWs routinely inflate pro-JW stories was from my own congregation.

In the early 1970s, a husband and wife started studying with the Witnesses and within a few short months, their adult children and their spouses all started attending meetings and were soon baptized (all speeded up due to the fast approaching 1975. I got to know them really well and their respective accounts of what they had to give

up to become Witnesses. All well and good.

Over time, they were paraded at circuit and district conventions and they became well known. However, when I listened to each new "parading" I noticed how inflated the stories became and how untrue. Yet no one else was disturbed by the obvious exaggerations and half truths.

It was all to the praise of Jehovah's name with little regard for accuracy. Oh and the family actually joined in the exaggerations.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks for not stealing my money Wilson Wiiiiiiiiillllssssooooonnn....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit