The story of a secret Apostate Anointed

by TerryWalstrom 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Terry, I'm sorry to hear that Johnny shunned you even though he never shunned his DF/DA'd sons.

• fiddler
    fiddler

Terry, I loved that! It did make me think some of my grandfather Elijah. Yes, his name was Elijah. He was born in 1885 and was a follower of CT Russell. All I ever knew about him was that he was considered an apostate and that he was somehow into 'spiritism' He died of TB in 1966 and it was the only time I saw my grandmother cry. Mind you, I loved my grandma dearly. My JW aunts used to tell me how they would cross the street when they saw him and later, my only non JW aunt blamed him for bringing the scourge of the JW religion into our family. I mostly just wish I could have known him and talked to him. He was actually college educated but, as one of my aunts described him, one of the original hippies in that he chose a life of anti establishment over the status quo. I really think I would have loved this man. I only remember him shortly before he went into a TB sanitarium as a little smiling (toothless) man who I decided I liked as a 7 year old child.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Your story is lovely...thanks for sharing!

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    JustVisting10 hours ago

Terry, I'm sorry to hear that Johnny shunned you even though he never shunned his DF/DA'd sons.

It wasn't until the last four years he shunned me completely and only then because he was caught and exposed. I have heard--but don't know for certain--it was one of his sons that outed him.

Being one of the good old boys I'm sure he was let off with a warning. However, I do know one thing for a fact. When he was caught he lied his ass off.
    I think he should have at least stood up for himself in some small way but they obviously had him cowed. A rather sorry ending for his life, in my opinion.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    fiddler9 hours ago

Terry, I loved that! It did make me think some of my grandfather Elijah. Yes, his name was Elijah. He was born in 1885 and was a follower of CT Russell. All I ever knew about him was that he was considered an apostate and that he was somehow into 'spiritism' He died of TB in 1966 and it was the only time I saw my grandmother cry. Mind you, I loved my grandma dearly. My JW aunts used to tell me how they would cross the street when they saw him and later, my only non JW aunt blamed him for bringing the scourge of the JW religion into our family. I mostly just wish I could have known him and talked to him.

There are a great many tragedies in most JW families and mountains of heartbreak. If all these stories were known and told properly (which they seldom are) the legacy of the destruction of the social fabric would amount to a holocaust.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Loved that. Thanks for posting.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Excellent post. Old ladies can be far more cunning than the masses realize, and your Mrs. P was one of them. I love that she would tell the young ones that she wasn't loyal to the bible, but to the organization...how eye opening. I wish my husband would've known her, he loves old people and he may have listened to her.

Thanks for your story, Randolph

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    PaintedToeNail3 hours ago

Excellent post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit