BOE 2015-10-24 TO PUBLISHERS LEARNING ANOTHER LANGUAGE TO ADVANCE THE GOOD NEWS

by wifibandit 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fencing
    Fencing
    I would estimate that 90% of dubs who learn another language, end up burning out within three years. This is based on the stories of friends who have learned another language.

That's been my experience as well. I know people who have learned French, Spanish, Chinese and Arabic, all to "assist" in foreign language groups. The vast majority quit within a couple years and come back to their original hall.

• jimbojones
    jimbojones
    Let me tell you all. Learning another language and moving 'to where the need is great', is what opened my eyes to how un-unified the organization is. I was taught from birth that the structure and organization is exactly the same all over the world. Its is not. So if more people become Need Greaters (never heard that term before moving), they will have their eyes opened.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

My goal is to Surf where the need it great!

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot

Participating in a forgein language group was instrumental in waking me up. It's a circus. A lot of the people drawn to it are absolutely crazy. Many want to prestige of being like missionaries but don't really want to eat weird food or sit on that brown person's floor. And there is so little thought given to how this is supposed to work.

There was a "need" in my circuit but it wasn't in my congregation territory. We were willing to drive some distance and really threw ourselves into it, learning to read an obscure Asian language in a relatively short period of time. Obviously this took some time. So the service committee decided to counsel me on the amount of time spent doing this because they can't see me in service. Wow ok Matt 6:1-4 much? Obviously not. Better to be seen at Starbucks in your local territory. The Borg most know there usually aren't enough local pioneers and publishers to really get these groups going but there is nothing about that in writing leaving it to the discretion of the local elders to direct this. Good job. They say they are focused on the ministry but I don't think so.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifi:

Thank you!

WTUnderground!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit