BOE 2015-10-24 TO PUBLISHERS LEARNING ANOTHER LANGUAGE TO ADVANCE THE GOOD NEWS

by wifibandit 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would estimate that 90% of dubs who learn another language, end up burning out within three years. This is based on the stories of friends who have learned another language.

From the remaining 10%, half move to wear "the need is great" in English. They may use some rudimentary foreign language as they order a drink in their tropical paradise. The last 5% actually try to go to China and other lost causes. These super-preachers appear on assembly parts from time to time.

Foreign language preaching = Busy Work.

DD

• fulano
    fulano
    DD, is that based on investigation or are you just guessing?
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I think they are worried about people fading via a foreign language group. Once the drones are cut off from the brainwashing (via not being able to understand it), they are more likely to wake up.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Thanks goodness for having that, "Mom and Dad, are not feeling well", as a perfect excuse to get out of that Foreign Language assignment. It looks like the Elders are beginng to shut the gate once you check into that congregation
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My numbers are pure guesswork, based on my small slice of experience.

I have noticed that either one or both mates, suffer spiritually when they take on a foreign language. They usually have to study twice, once in English, and once in the foreign language.

Time and again I hear, " We aren't getting anything out of the meetings."

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I noticed a trend to of cracking down on the ''faders''. Maybe people are fading in a second language group and they're watching those who are ''slipping away''.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I know a sister who "learned" Punjabi for ten years and could barely say hello at the end of it. Foreign language witnessing has got to be the biggest diversionary waste of time ever invented.
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Keep Your Motives Pure: What motivates you to persevere in the foreign-language field? Likely it is your love for Jehovah and for people.

.... and definitely not the search for a spouse ...

.... and in no case the desire for a warmer climate ...

.... and in no case the wish, to have an easygoing search-work in the foreign-language field ...

• fulano
    fulano
    Spot on!👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit