Eagerly anticipating the death of billions!

by stuckinarut2 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• btlc
    btlc

Many years ago, we had some guests, a young JW couple with a child, girl 3-4y old. We talked usuall JW crap, and they said to daughter: show how Jehovah will destroy this world. And she started to bang with the feet on the floor, like killing cockroaches - they found that amusing. I mumbled something like: is there something more appropriate to teach your child? and I got just a raised eyebrows back. Never saw them again, I wonder what grew out of that kid.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

The Organization has given itself an out with the "only Jehovah can read our hearts" line. Isn't this the response people are coached to give in court, when asked about the Witnesses beliefs on this subject? Also, they never come right out and say everyone will be slaughtered. They just list the requirements to be spared, which turn out to describe ONLY the Witnesses.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS proves that a bit of fear mongering does in fact work onto the emotional conscious effect toward creating power for a man or few men as it were.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped...because of the violence this week. Witnesses are no doubt talking about how "we need Jehovah to bring Armageddon soon....."

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

This is a principal reason that I left,

And no, I don't think that they are mentally healthy,

Like the Nazis they lack empathy,

Before you conclude that I am being too harsh,

In Canada in the 1960s groups of JWs would mount covert operations to sneak sick newborns out of hospitals to "rescue" them from blood transfusions,

Does this sound mentally balanced to you?

The PERCEIVED Will of God trumps human life,

Here's a question for you:

If JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES were convinced that it was Jehovah's Will, that they today were to go out and slaughter their neighbor men women and children like Israel supposedly did under Joshua, would they do it?

I know what I think,

:0)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You are correct tepid.

If the GB somehow rationalised that, or commanded it in "gods name", most witnesses would indeed act that way!

• Giordano
    Giordano

The truth about the JW's is that it's a death cult.

The WTBT$ deals recklessly with it's followers and always has.

From it's crass stupidity of the 19th century to it's current polices that call for an all but certain death when a life saving blood transfusion is needed............. to it's end of the world Armageddon......... they long for the destruction of the wicked and the innocent.

Does it matter to them that to kill the wicked the innocent will also die?

It celebrates death.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

As a small child - born into this cult - this topic was my first doubt- didn't need apostates or the Internet to propagate this doubt in my mind. No it was my conscience that told me this was wrong!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes 'All or nothing', I agree! It simply defies logic that most witnesses don't see this for what it is - sick...

A child can see that is wrong, but somehow as adults manipulated by the teachings of the WT Society, we not only thought it perfectly ok, but also "loving of God"!

weird....

• Londo111
    Londo111

I think most JWs want a Paradise, but don't look forward to the eternal destruction of seven billion people. Perhaps some do...likely Anthony Morris.

I know when I was a JW wrestling with this teaching, praying about it, arguing with God as to whether there could be a better way. I suspect that I was not alone with wrestling with this.

I believe there may be categories:

(1) JWs who want Paradise, but struggle with the death of billions.

(2) JWs who don't really know their own official teachings...they've kind of zoned out at meetings or something. Perhaps they think Armageddon is supposed to do away with murders and rapists, but not all those who are not JW. Or perhaps those who die will get to come back in the resurrection.

(3) Perhaps similar to category 2, JWs who only spout the "outsider teachings" that Watchtower gives to the outside world: God judges, we can't, blah, blah, blah. They are either unaware or consciously or subconsciously sidestepped the real insider teaching.

(4) Maverick JWs who believe their own thing knowingly apart from the insider Watchtower teaching. Technically, this makes them an apostate, but they believe themselves as faithful JWs. Perhaps they think the Governing Body will clarify matters as time goes on.

(5) JWs who believe the official teaching down the line, but it doesn't bother them as long as they make it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit