Mentally challenged DF

by James Mixon 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with Doubtfully Yours. If a person is not competent to enter into a binding legal contract, what miracle of Jehovah's Magic spirit permits them to dedicate their life to the WTB&TS?

IF Jah's Magic Spirit is SO POWERFUL, where was it when this fellow got an erection?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**They'll DF people who survive suicide attempts. They don't give a rat's ass about mental illness, but don't have the humility to accept that they need training, either.

That makes them ignorant, arrogant and evil.**

When these Big elders know of someone who is mentally ill and suicidal, what they should do is recommending professional help ASAP. Not give their grade 10 education, window-washing education on the situation. Some of these guys don't even know how to change a tire on a car, let alone help someone who needs the help of someone who is experienced in mental illness and psychology.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire
    Baptism in jw land doesn't mean what it does to the average church goer. If you are baptized in another church, and you mess up or sin, you're not automatically at risk of losing your baptismal status. You're simply in "sin". However, as a jw, if you sin then it is considered a violation of your contractal agreement to abide by the organizational standards aka "baptism". That they would offer this binding obligation to a person with disabilities and then hold them accountable for the disruption of the agreement reveals the debased moral character this org operates under as a whole. It really is a corrupt corporation posing as a religion when you think about it with the business attire instead of Sunday's best, the meetings instead of church service, the dedication/baptism to father, son and spirit anointed organization...
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Good point Heartsafire.
  • talesin
    talesin
    If a person is not competent to enter into a binding legal contract, what miracle of Jehovah's Magic spirit permits them to dedicate their life to the WTB&TS?

Ayup, just like children. Under 18? Sorry. no legally binding contracts for you, unless you are 'emancipated'. Oh, but a *religious* contract - well, we don't interfere with religions, so deal with it.

I wonder if there is any case (in the USA) for suing them on the basis of 'alienation of affection'? Hmm.

As I learn and read more and more about JWS, I realize that my decision to leave it, was the only thing I could live with. What a sick and twisted bunch of self-righteous, pedo-protecting scumbags they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit