Crisis of Conscience where to find?

by Jules Saturn 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Wait...are those who told us we wrong to be wondering why it was taking Deborah so long to publish the book now admitting that it's probably not going to happen?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I hope the OP gets hold of COC. It’s a good book.

Windowwashing:.. No disrespect intended to anybody who makes an honest living window washing...The problem I faced in my first congregation was that the many born-ins there (who either did housecleaning OR windowwashing) tried to get me to quit MY good office job and do housecleaning....

When I refused, I heard stupid remarks “better people than you have done housecleaning”. Were they morally superior because they cleaned for a living? Apparently they thought so.

I had no intention of quitting a job with all kinds of benefits to do housecleaning.. The religion had serious issues about women/college/careers and they were trying to ‘abase’ me somehow. Why else would they be so obsessed with what I DID for a living? Why were they sticking their noses where it didn’t belong?

I ignored them..Of course, the “price” I paid back then was that I was considered not-spiritual and hardly invited. Thankfully I am retired. Does anybody think it matters NOW what these people thought about me back then???

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    have encountered this problem a few times with local libraries - one day a book is there and the next time I go to take it out...it has vanished. From what I have heard (!!!), local JWs make it a point to make sure that certain books can't be accessed through public libraries by discreetly making them disappear

Even without jw's that can happen. I know of an exjw who donated a copy to a community library. Some time later she wanted to check on something in the book, tried to find it and low and behold one of The library workers had binned it, when they had been 're-organizing' the library. She was furious!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

OP : if you still require a copy you can message Wifibandit who will be able to help you.

Recently the copy right holder, one Deborah D., was asked what was happening with the book, since she had promised to 're-publish. She replied that she would ' have to ask Jesus'.

So I think Orphan Crow's assessment is probably bang-on.

Steve If she was unwell, then why not hand it all over to someone else, she had plenty of offers, many of them Christians. I don't care how many people "hassled"her ( and to be fair I don't think that's quite true).

Certainly Lloyd Evans experience of her, whatever anyone thinks he did wrong, was very bad. I mean the woman gave him her word several times, then went back on it. And before everyone lays into me saying Lloyds not to be trusted, she's done the same thing to everybody on the books website - promising to publish, giving dates, then not doing so. Several Times in fact.

No, I think she's had her 5 minutes of fame & power and she's gonna milk it for all it's worth.

Someone mentioned Blondie knowing the copyright holder. I'm not sure that if she does know her it's more than a passing aquaintence. Just because this woman knew Ray or Blondie doesn't make her automatically a good person.

Also it was Rays wife who left her the book, not Ray himself, remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit