God said be fruitful and multiply,fill the earth and govern it.

by atomant 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    yes l have researched the evolution theory very extensively - automat

Really?

Then why did you say...

"Man evolving from apes is pure fiction imo"

and why did you ask...

"Where did the ape come from?"

That is like somebody claiming to have researched the JW religion very extensively and then asking why JWs don't accept any medical treatment. We would all know they were lying.

Reading creationist websites is not researching the evolution theory very extensively. It is confirmation bias. What I asked you was "which books that present the scientific evidence for evolution have you read? Am I right in assuming the answer is that you have read none?"

• cofty
    cofty
    What trumps everything is God's Holy Spirit which is solid proof of God's existence, a Creator; hence everything else that seems to contradict what the Bible says about creation is moot. - Fishy

There is no such thing as the "holy spirit".

Using one imaginary thing to prove another imaginary thing is the definition of irrational.

What you mean is that you will not allow any amount of evidence to change your chosen superstitions.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

When a person is a eyewitness of an event, he knows what happened with certainty. Who can show such a person that he does not know what he knows. Science doesn't deal in absolutes like proof. Science can never be sure that they've considered all the axioms, and could be only one discovery away from undermining what they think they know : Science doesn't know what they don't know. Science deals in evidence, probability and confidence - not proof.

• cofty
    cofty

So mountains of evidence that all confirms the fact of evolution counts for nothing but your gut feeling that god made a man out of dust and a woman out of his rib trumps everything.

Do us a favour and never agree to be part of a jury.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

mountains of evidence that all confirms the fact

That is a false statement if you like to prove than humans evolved from non humans. NO mountain of evidence exists and saying that they exist does not make it so and neither is posting conclusions about interpretations from "evidence" purporting "evolution".

( as I have explained above, in Science)There is no such thing as "verifiable proof" -EXCEPT for verifiable proof of Jehovah.

Do us a favour and never agree to be part of a jury.

Depends on the jury. IN the US, when the subject matter is Criminal Court, a juror must be satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt. IN the US, when it is a civil case, the burden of proof is preponderance of evidence.

A person cannot serve as a juror when he is a witness, however. And an advocate cannot be arbitrator as you purport to be and juror all at the same time.

• cofty
    cofty
    NO mountain of evidence exists - Fishy

Here are 4 million papers to get you started...

Or you could begin with these...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Let me just consider a passage from your first reference for your sake not mine because I told you that I KNOW WHAT I KNOW WITH CERTAINTY. That makes me a witness. You are an advocate and you wish to persuade others.

"The author then shows how these and related principles operate in primates and how they apparently operated in our hominid ancestors."

The passage assumes that we have hominoid ancestors. That has not been proven. The author does not prove that we have hominoid ancestors. The passage contrasts the difference between a fact (operate in primates) and a conclusion (APPARENTLY OPERATED) assuming that humanoids were our parents.

When it becomes something that I can measure in a lab or proof of the same substance as Jehovah's Holy Spirit, I will look but until then it is only science fiction.

• Listener
    Listener
    Fisherman, what is it about God's Holy Spirit that proves, beyond doubt that he exists?
  • atomant
    atomant
    howdy cofty Was l right in my assumption that you were a staunch ,unwavering follower of the jw beliefs.Yes or no will suffice.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Fisherman, what is it about God's Holy Spirit that proves, beyond doubt that he exists?

It appears to me that each individual has his own methodology for ascertaining facts. I am more skeptical than most, convinced only with striking proof -something that can be measured. I believe in subjective evidence too and I form conclusions from such evidence but they are only beliefs based on my interpretation of the evidence.

Jehovah's Holy Spirit is conclusive proof from God, you measure it yourself, same as the evidence you read about in the Bible but you do not have to read about it or have someone prove it to you like you are asking me. You will know. Here is an example. Look inside the left pocket of your pants. You know what it is inside your pocket. You know for certain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit