God said be fruitful and multiply,fill the earth and govern it.

by atomant 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• atomant
    atomant
    Man evolving from apes is pure fiction imo.lts been well documented its a hoax.But for the believers your fully entitled to your opinions but the mere thought of evolving from an ape ???Where did the ape come from?and so forth.World renowned scientists are slowly waking up and drawing conclusions that there may very well be a creator of sorts.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Yeah, it's hard for me to grasp as well. They find one skeleton, like Lucy, then, before they even break camp, all conclude she was an even earlier ancestor to man than the one before. The way science ties things together sometimes amazes me. I wonder if that's where the phrase, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle" came from? ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‰
  • Landy
    Landy
    If one begins with the assumption of a divine creator, evolution becomes much more difficult to prove.

I can't believe someone intelligent enough to turn a computer on and make his fingers work on a keyboard could actually type that sentence.

• cofty
    cofty
    Man evolving from apes is pure fiction imo.lts been well documented its a hoax

Please share this document. Hundreds of thousands of scientists are wasting their time.

A Nobel Prize is on offer if you are right atomant.

Yeah, it's hard for me to grasp as well. - Coldsteel

Try reading a book.

The questions you have proposed about evolution are the sort of thing people say who have not read a single book about science in their entire life. Evolution is a fact. It is as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Humans evolved from non-human ancestors over millions of years. There was no Adam and Eve. The only people who doubt that are a minority of christians, cults and most Muslims. The thing they all have in common is wilful ignorance.

• cofty
  • atomant
  • cofty
    cofty

No I'm not interested at all. We all have google.

I am very well acquainted with all the creationist bullshit. I would not argue for evolution unless I knew both sides of the issue really well. That would be intellectually dishonest.

So automat which books that present the scientific evidence for evolution have you read?

Am I right in assuming the answer is that you have read none?

Is there anything in your links that you found particularly compelling or did you just lazily post a link without even looking at it?

• cofty
    cofty

automat - Are you really promoting Eastern Vedic science woo woo?

Or did you post a link without even reading the first thing on the page?

I never insult people on the basis of their beliefs but this sort of stupidity makes it difficult.

• atomant
    atomant
    hello cofty yes l have researched the evolution theory very extensively with an open mind.l imagine that at some stage you were a staunch ,unwavering follower of the jw beliefs.Then at some stage you came to a conclusion that your belief was wrong.lts happened once might it happen again?
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

.... yes l have researched the evolution theory

Referring to evolution as a theory is a very broad statement but if you mean that humans did not evolve from non-humans that seems to be what the Bible is saying when it says that: male and female He created them forming them from clay and Adam's rib (whatever that means.) - and also when it says referring to animals "according to its kind" I have concluded with certainty that Jehovah is the creator but it is very difficult to know with certainty what the Bible means sometimes, for example, the Bible states that God created the heavens and the earth in 7 days (whatever that means.) How long is a day? Science appears to have invalidated old beliefs that the earth is only thousands of years old and that God created the universe in 7 x 7000 years( including his rest) Science has not invalidated the Bible, however.

If it can be shown that humans existed 20,000 years ago for example, it would challenge the validity of the belief that Adam was created about 4026 years ago.

What trumps everything is God's Holy Spirit which is solid proof of God's existence, a Creator; hence everything else that seems to contradict what the Bible says about creation is moot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit