Did the flood happen?

by BlackWolf 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Scientific evidence is subject to interpretation. Jesus confirmed that it did by referring to it same as he confirmed the creation of Adam and Eve by referring to them.

The passages in the Bible are copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of copies etc.

If there is anything that is of questionable interpretation then it's the Bible!

I'll trust the overwhelming evidence that there wasn't a global flood as opposed to bronze age scribes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wizzstick - "...I'll trust the overwhelming evidence that there wasn't a global flood, as opposed to bronze age scribes..."

...who were taking diction from bronze-age goat herders, don't forget. :smirk:

It's funny...

...way back when I was a teen and still in, I heard a (WT-assigned, no less) talk attempting to refute all the "specious" arguments that critics of the Bible supposedly used to try and disprove its historicity. Thing was, I couldn't help but think that some of those arguments (used by said Biblical critics) actually sounded pretty darn compelling.

I remember thinking to myself, "hmm... maybe the WT shouldn't have said anything..." :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit