Did the flood happen?

by BlackWolf 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My two cents. Rather than proving or disproving that event happening, I think about how's that supposed to make me join a religious organization? How is that story or event supposed to make me want to worship God? By fear instead of by choice? Will that be a legitimate, genuine devotion if I have to be scared the crap out of in order to pay attention to "loving Jehovah"?

Then there's this, if it happened and if it happened for the purpose the bible says, it was a very crappy job from perfectly-knows-everything-there's-to-know-in-the-universe "jehovah". Today the world is flooded (no pun intended) with the kind of people who were supposed to be eliminated from the planet by that flood. In other words, Noah and God lost (we won). So God's catastrophic tactics of destruction and extreme fear and life threats to make you do as he says (a) doesn't go well with legitimately worshiping him, but most importantly (b) DOESN'T WORK AT ALL. Just look at how the world is now, compared to what that story claims it is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    scratchme1010 - "...Today the world is flooded (no pun intended) with the kind of people who were supposed to be eliminated from the planet by that flood..."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Many born-ins see the bull shite very quickly. Young minds can and do detect the Borg's crap. Many of us just have to/had to wait it out as we are captives due to our minor (aka underage) status.

Another piece of evidence, or the lack thereof that shoots down the global flood myth is illustrated in the image below. It's along the same lines as the lack of evidence for the Exodus. Where is the debris trail?

The kangaroos would have also had to swim quite a distance in the sea to reach Australia. Seriously, the Biblical flood story is about instilling fear of Yahweh's mite into us mere mortals. Remember, Jewish people are very good at bull sh!t.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Did the flood happen?

Scientific evidence is subject to interpretation. Jesus confirmed that it did by referring to it same as he confirmed the creation of Adam and Eve by referring to them.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

This book has over 500 pages of fine print in oversized pages on any subject of evolution including rebuttals to the "flood". Well worth the price.

Science and Earth History: The Evolution/Creation Controversy

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

"Dry land is not a myth, I've seen it"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fisherman - "Jesus confirmed that it did by referring to it same as he confirmed the creation of Adam and Eve by referring to them."

Didn't Jesus teach by means of... um... what were they called?...

...oh yeah, parables!

• prologos
    prologos

That citing the flood as real and meaningful did Jesus' reputation serious damage,

• prologos
    prologos
    sbf: "How do you know God didn't use Neptune?

The idea of a giant tidal wave created by all the planets in conjunction is bollocks, particularly holding the wave at everest for nine month, a standing wave, and neptune, while sticking out like a sore thumb, is far, far-fetched. The Planets are never balanced, that is why the Sun wobbles, that is how we find new planets about other suns. A more unlikely scenario is that all the water missing from Mars sloshed over Everest, but it never did.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

prologos - "...A more likely scenario is that all the water missing from Mars sloshed over Everest...

Wasn't that a plot point in one of the old "John Carter" novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs? If it wasn't, he should have used it. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit