Nobody at work knows what JWs believe

by Athanasius 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Recently Susie, one of my co-workers mentioned that her husband's family were all JWs. The family converted after Susie's husband left home, so he never joined the JWs, nor does he intend to. Anyway another co-worker asked her: "What do the JWs believe?"

To which Susie replied: "You'll have to ask them."

I didn't mention anything about my religious history as I was curious about what other people knew about the JW religion. After all JWs have been preaching for over 100 years. Moreover, there are about 30 congregations of JWs within our city and nearby communities and I often see them in public places with their literature trolleys.

There were 12 of us in the room, and my co-workers varied in age from 55-75. Most of us, including myself, attended college and have degrees. So it was surprising that after a few moments of silence only one of my co-workers spoke up and said: "They don't believe in celebrating birthdays."

Then someone changed the subject to something else.

So all the GB's bragging about God speeding up the preaching work is bunk. The JWs aren't getting their message across to the public. No doubt most of the hours turned in as preaching, were probably spent at Starbucks drinking coffee and socializing with other JWs.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep. Its usually three things. No holidays. No birthdays. And occasionally its no blood.

Other than that, nobody knows anything about this silly little American cult.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Yep...same thing happened at my Job. Someone was talking about their Mormon relatives being hounded by the church to come back. Someone asked who those other people are that come to your door and not one person in the lunchroom, besides myself, knew who he was talking about.

It struck me how we were taught that everyone in the world was against us but as it turns out, they barely even knew we existed.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I've been told that JWs....

1.) believe that Jesus will come back to earth to save humanity riding atop a green UFO, because he is the leader of the aliens as well as the ruler of the humans

2.) are not allowed to wear jewelry

3.) are afraid of blood

4.) don't celebrate holidays but seem pretty normal beyond that.... i.e. they don't know anything else about them

5.) are a break-off sect of Mormons

6.) are not allowed to wear make-up and the women aren't allowed to wear anything but dresses and skirts

7.) are not allowed to swim

8.) believe in the rapture

... to name a few

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nobody at work knows what JWs believe..

Most People On Planet Earth..

DON`T KNOW WHAT JW`s BELIEVE..

Image result for Planet earth

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

This was actually something that helped during my recovery process.

Over 100 years and countless billions of hours of preaching, and what do people know of the JW kingdom message?

It's possibly the most disastrous advertising campaign in history. How can they say they fulfilled scripture when people don't know why they come round?

How can God start Armageddon when people don't get it?

It's another example of their grandiose thinking.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/203401/lets-study-organization-dress-up-like-rutherford

Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SEy1qu71I

• Divergent
    Divergent

Exactly. The only things people usually know about JW's are what they are NOT ALLOWED to do - no birthdays, no festivals, no blood, no homosexuality. etc. They are also aware of the organizational scandals - JW's dying because they refused blood based on distorted beliefs, child abuse cases, false prophecies (1975), etc. They also believe JW's are a cult (correctly so!). That's all most people know about the religion & that is enough to keep them disinterested!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The sad fact is most Jehovah`s Witnesses don`t know what they believe.

And how could they when they keep changing their stance on things all the time .

Talk about moving the goal posts .UGH

Do a survey on the block where you live and I guarantee 99.9% of those surveyed would not have a clue , nor would they care ,what JW`s believe ,and the 0.1% that does know something have it screwed up anyway.

Come to think of it I dont think Jehovah can keep up with what JW`s currently believe.

smiddy

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

" they don't drink coffee"........lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit