Mega-Church buys JW Assembly Hall property in Indianapolis

by OrphanCrow 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• darkspilver
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey ZAPPA-ESQUE!

we were told that we never purchase a property that belonged to Kristy-dum - but we don't mind taking their money

Kingdom Ministry July 1969, page 4, bottom right hand side

Question Box: Is it all right to buy a church building for use as a Kingdom Hall or, when a new Kingdom Hall is built, to sell the former hall for use as a church?

• Landy
    Landy

So....let me get this straight. I can not do any work or business with or on a church

Is that the case? I'm sure I have known witnesses in the past do work for local churches. Joinery, roofing that sort of thing and nothing was said?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So according to the question box, if it bothers my conscience, as a publisher in the congregation, will they still sell it? Me thinks so. FOLLOW THE MONEY! Hypocrites!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey ToesUp!

So according to the question box, if it bothers my conscience, as a publisher in the congregation, will they still sell it?

Well the QB doesn't quite say that.... particularly if it's just one or two people.... the QB says it should be 'considered'.... they'd probably just go - "ah right, there goes ToesUp, again!"

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    darkspliver: Well the QB doesn't quite say that...

Yeah...we are all familiar with the "not quite saying something".

The WT is always like that...they always talk out of the side of their mouth.

"oh...that doesn't mean what you think it does...we didn't really say exactly that..."

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Two kingdom halls in neighboring towns are churches now. One is Jewish. I just wonder what people in the neighborhoods think, if they didn't know it was sold. "Look, those JWs decided to turn into Jews!"

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Overlapping: Two kingdom halls in neighboring towns are churches now...

The last time I visited my home town, my mother told me that the congregation had been split and moved to two other towns. The Kingdom Hall is now a church - some kind of born-again and speaking in tongues kind of church

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

What gets me is the circuits that used the beautiful hall in Indy are having their assemblies now in the Indiana State University basketball fieldhouse and they think that it is a blessing from Jehovah because now three circuits can meet at one time due to the larger seating capacity. I can say that chairs at ISU are not as comfortable as the plush seats they they had in the Indy assembly hall. There were promises made three years ago about building a new assembly halll in southwest Ohio. I wonder if that is going to happen now or will the blessings from Jehovah continue by renting a basketball court.

• blondie
    blondie

So renting is cheaper than owning.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit