Can you openly express doubts in the congregation these days?

by Elena 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

I know of a lovely old sister who has been a JW for several decades now who openly expresses Doubts about JW interpretations.

She does it in such a lovely way and everyone loves her. She is such a sweet old soul, makes everyone happy around her.

She has said things like- even if we have got it wrong about this and that I still believe the Bible is Gods word”

She answers up regularly and she goes on ministry groups but like most of us she is definitely jwlite, we don’t really do door to door work anymore. We all just do ‘informal’ which means walking around shops and main streets until the obligatory coffee meet ups.

A few other older sisters have also started saying things well even if it’s not true I love being part of the congregation and then everyone laughs to release tension.

I am wondering if this is the case in other parts of the world? Can members of congregations openly say “we may not have correct understanding but I still love being part of the congregation”

• Varuaino
    Varuaino

Where I'm from you can't openly say that, even though it's so obvious elders and WatchTower has been wrong and still are..

• a watcher
    a watcher

Jwlite works best if you're discreet about it.

• Gorb
    Gorb

It depends. I remember the same, old lovely sisters can say a lot more.

Has to do with the role someone has in the congregation.

Older sisters are no risk for the elders. They are loyal but with a distance. With a laugh the critic is done away.

G.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It depends who you are and how you say it. A “dear old sister” they have known for years is pretty safe but anyone newer who comes over argumentive may be slapped down.

If you are smart today, there is so much that they admit they don’t know, that it should be possible to question what they may change next..

• Biahi
    Biahi

Maybe she’s a PIMO.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I would think rather than being loud or confrontational about the changes, she opts for the loving, smiling type of individual who "whispers" the wrongs and changes of this organization so that slyly she lands those doubts on receptive ears, maybe opening them to the wrongness of what is going on. PIMO no doubt. She probably raises a question about a situation, then comes back with the "Jehovah will handle it murmur." I know I do. Say you do not understand, Shrug your shoulders and have a cookie.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Oh Elena, the answer to your question, is NO. Emphatically No.. you will be marked and the elders will pay a shepherding call to see if you believe the GB are spirit empowered by Jehovah and if this is the true religion.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Elena, do it...just please do it! Find out! Some in the congregation won't tell you, but will complain to the elders and you will be on the radar! I posted on my FB AGAINST the jabs and some of the "friends" were seeking the elders on me.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Lovely old sisters with different views, are viewed as harmless eccentrics ... provided they are not actively promoting their personal opinions. However, I don't think that there would be many congregations, where they would give such ones a totally free hand. In the end, she'll get an initially kind shepherding call, to tone it down ... but it will get harder the next time, the Elders have to come calling.

So Elena ... sadly ... unless you want to get given a loyalty test by a couple of Elders as well, its far better to keep your views, your own. It the part of the high cost of being a PIMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit