How well did you know your bible?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Were you able to name all 66 books of the bible by heart and in order? Some were able to do that, but what did that prove?

There were always 6 or 7 books that I was never able to find, so I had to go into the index at the beginning and check the page.

How well did you know your bible?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I was doing good if I could find my Bible; let alone a specific scripture. JamesT

• Ed
    Ed

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I astonished my parents by memorizing the entire list from Genesis to Revelation during a single 2-hour meeting. Must have been a particularly boring meeting, lol... Ever since then I've been able to find anything in the Bible almost instantly.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Most of the time I can find the passage I'm looking for. If not, I use a concordance or the content section at the beginning of the Bible.

At any rate, I thought some of you might enjoy the following:

http://www.thesilverdome.com/scripturereading/diary_of_a_bible.htm

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Pretty good -- Mom had me memorize all of the books of the Bible and it helped me find scriptures really fast over the years.

Nina

• gumby
    gumby

I was more into understanding it's message than remembering how many books, their names, when they were written etc.

I was good with remembering numbers and did well at finding society emphasised scriptures. If you were to ask me a scripture on grace, justification, salvation..... the real bible message.........I would have been lost when I was a dub.

Gumby

• Gopher
    Gopher

Like gumby, I was good at finding "Society emphasized scriptures". I used a lot of those repeatedly, to the point that I even knew about where on the page (top, bottom, right, or left) a verse would be that I needed. That is kind of sick!

• gumby
    gumby
    I used a lot of those repeatedly, to the point that I even knew about where on the page (top, bottom, right, or left) a verse would be that I needed. That is kind of sick!

LOL Gopher,

..me too!

• larc
    larc

Hey,

I knew the Bible from Generations to Revolutions.

I also knew that that the Bible Talked about baseball. In Geneses 1:1, it says, "In the big inning."

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh my...when I first started studying with the JWs, I remember my bible study conductor would have me memorize the books of the bible forward/backwards. Reciting them in order.

I was able to do it at one time: I got it 100% right once or twice.

Did I read the entire thing? Yes, twice.

I used to be able to quote scriptures and passages like a phone number.

Nowadays, if you asked where certain books were: I'd be good at locating Genesis and Revelation.

20 years of freedom, kinda does that to ya...

Rayzorblade of the aluminum class (helps you forget everything).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit