WT March 15, 2016 - Kids pressured toward baptism again

by Designer Stubble 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    YES!! Too young for everything but commit yourself to the biggest decision what the Borg insists on. Baptism!!
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

Could someone give me a helping hand?

I can't find - that a GB - Member said, that if your kids don't want be baptised, they should not get there driver license paid by the parents.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    There's an article like this every year? I wonder what other articles appear regularly on the calendar? There's the begging articles in the autumn and the memorial articles in the spring and there used to be the articles about the annual report in the January 1st issue.
  • Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

I'll pose this again, since this thread has gotten bumped up.

Kid's mom is JW. I'm not. Never was, hence not 'apostate' by their definition. I've been invited to some of the social gatherings, ect., despite my worldliness. So, maybe it's love-bombing on their part. I'm a professional, with a pretty solid career & varied interests, so perhaps they see me as a worthy recruit?

Anyway, my oldest kid is wising up to all the abuse problems. I showed him some video of the ARC. He's NOT in a hurry to get baptised.

So, in light of the WT article promoting baptisms, and the fact that big conventions are normally held during the summer, I plan to head this off by politely, yet firmly, letting the elders know that ANY DECISION to baptize one of MY KIDS goes through ME first. I'm the head of my household, and I have WT literature (provided to me by one of the elders) which states my headship very clearly.

NOTE: my personal view is that they not be baptised in ANY religion (including the Methodist denomination I was raised in) until they are of age to make that decision on their own, as a legal adult (18).

I'm wondering, based on some of your experiences, what sort of backlash, if any I should expect from these elders. I'm not at all intimidated by them, but I would like to know what to expect, so I can be ready for a counter-jab, or 'knock-out'-LoL

In the end, I won't get sucked into debating Bible doctrine with them. If they so much as challenge my headship, I'll beat them over their heads with their own literature, and threaten to take legal action against them. My attorney's last name is...Zalkin. "Hey elder Bob, go call your legal department just like your little 'Flock' book says, and run that name by them."

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Could someone give me a helping hand?

I can't find - that a GB - Member said, that if your kids don't want be baptised, they should not get there driver license paid by the parents.

• alcyone
    alcyone

For example here (those words are quite viral):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-_bNopBIn/

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Thanks alcyone

That's what I was searching for.

• Listener
    Listener

Fast Jehu, here's a youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MreJ8tLYIso

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Listener

Thanks a lot for this link.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    2nd study paragraph 15: as a dedicated and baptized Christian, you will stand before Jehovah on your own. Your service to him should not depend on others—not even your parents. Your holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion give evidence that you have made the truth your own

And that is why I have left the JWs... I have made the truth my own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit