WT March 15, 2016 - Kids pressured toward baptism again

by Designer Stubble 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    The Study WT of March 2016 is up on JW.ORG and is the standard article around this time of year...pressuring young kids to dedicate their lives to the organization again. This WT will be studied during May, so just in time to pressure them into baptism at the regional conventions this summer.

Such articles really upset me, as the realization of how many young promising lives will be destroyed. How many families will be broken up, when the child who got baptized as a minor (ages 6 and up are mentioned in the literature) decides as a young adult that his/her conscience no longer allows him/her to be part of such a destructive cult. Pressure to pioneer, rather than get a decent education - resulting in depression and scraping by the rest of his/her life. I so wish we could reach more of these kids and prevent them from dedicating their lives to this cult.

If you are an active witness with children reading this, please note that the perfect Jesus was 30 when he dedicated himself - the age of legal adulthood back then. He was in the temple at age 12 (like the Christopher mentioned in the article) but no mention of him even contemplating baptism as a minor. Acts 8:12, shows "Men and Women" not "Boys and Girls" getting baptized. So, there is no biblical backing for a minor to be baptized.

For me this was a tipping point to my departure from the organization. At the 2008 Convention we received the ironically titled "God's Love" book. During the convention, I was browsing the appendix and in the chapter "How to treat a disfellowshipped person" read that disfellowshipped minors, were to be given the same inhuman treatment as an adult. I looked aside at my two beautiful young daughters and knew I would and could never Shun them. I no longer could support the teachings of this organization and started researching all my doubts and left. Allow yourself to research your doubts - as did the Bereans.
  • hoser
    hoser
    They have to get their replacement zombies somehow
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Despite their ability to quote many scriptures effortlessly, the vast majority of Witnesses couldn't scripturally explain the only reason for baptism;

Acts 2:38 "Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins,..."

(Acts 3:19) "Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out,..."

Scripturally, repentance followed by baptism in the name of Christ - not in three names - offers forgiveness of sins and reconciliation.

"Dedication" is never mentioned in relation to baptism , and it's a word used by the Org as a controlling mechanism.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol
    The cult leaders need more icecream money!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Paragraph 4 - "The Bible does not suggest that baptism is a step to be taken only by those who are older or who have reached at least an age at which certain legal rights may be granted."

Loaded language to convince J.W.'s that their pre-pubescent kids are capable of deciding for themselves to make such a huge decision - despite being too immature to have a romance, drive a car, walk to school on their own, stay up late, watch T.V. programs their own parents will watch, etc., etc., etc.

External recruitment is failing - focus on breeding new recruits! (Wait for a "new-light" on that topic!)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Too young to drive

too young to cross the street on their own

too young to drink alcohol

too young to smoke

too young to have sex

too young to vote

too young to get a job

too young to leave school

too young to buy property

too young to get tattoos or piercings

too young to get married

too young to stay up late

too young for movies over PG

too young to do SO many things such as these, yet not too young to commit to what the org even calls "the MOST important decision in ones life"

• Half banana
    Half banana

Baptism vows... interpreted for the practical meaning behind them.

Note to the all congregations; will the elders please make sure that baptism candidates are as young as possible, ideally before they have the slightest idea of the consequences of what they are committing themselves to.

The vows:

Do you give up your connections to the world outside of the congregation and henceforth put all your effort and money and time to be spent in furthering the property portfolio of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

Under penalty of death do you promise to be a servile worm and do everything you are instructed according to the edicts of the governing body of the JW organisation ahead of any personal or mere family interests?

Do you vow not to get an education which might expose the flaws in the Watchtower teachings and hereafter live in blind faith of the absolute truth of their current beliefs until they are changed for new beliefs which you will then defend with your life?

Do you vow forever to instantly cut off all ties with family members or friends who dare have religious thought at odds with the JW org.?

Can you say that the JW org. governing body is the exclusive channel which God is using today to build his property empire on Earth?

If your answer to these questions is in the affirmative... then gawd help you!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    How else are they going to keep membership numbers? They're desperate to keep born-ins because they're the only members they're left with considering the poor rate of successful recruitment from outside the bOrg. Can't run a business with no income now,, can you?
  • Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Bottom line for me, as a non-JW with a JW wife, I plan to approach one of the main elders and nip this in the bud. He's the same guy who previously sent me WT materials which AFFIRMED my 'headship' according to their own rules, despite my being a 'non-believer.' Now, it looks like I'm going to have to fire off a warning shot, by reminding him of my headship, and that ANY decision to baptize, MUST GO THROUGH ME FIRST....PERIOD.

I would expect that he would comply, based on the publications he previously sent me. But, I'm also aware of the contradictory double-talk they are so good at. So, I could almost imagine them trying to baptize my kid behind my back, based on some OTHER WT publication.

Anyone have any experience with this, and know what to expect from this guy? If any of you have been in a similar position, OR if you've been an elder/CO, then your input would be helpful. Thanks.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    “I HAVE known you since you were born,” said a Christian elder to 12-year-old Christopher, “and I’m happy to hear that you want to get baptized. I would like to ask you, ‘Why do you want to take that step?’”

The opening words to the first study article... 12 years old..Hmmmm.

The article continues with a succession of caveats and reasons to consider the step carefully and examine oneself thoroughly - but is that the kind of reasoning and careful planning that could be expected of a 12 year old,or younger? As has been said above the Bible gives NO justification for baptism by or accepting the life-dedication of children. Even "Satan's wicked world" recognizes that young people are not ready to contract for anything, let alone commit their entire life to something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit