666 THE MARK! but who? Part One

by elumn8_2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

666 is "a man's number" What man? the name "Caesar Nero" is 666 in Jewish Numerology. The Book of Revelation was written as a not so subtle condemnation of Rome and it's leaders. This is accomplished thru colorful imagery from Gnostic and Pagan religions. It has nothing to do with us.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

It's interesting, in the Real Bible truth Site form the web, someone figured that Federick W. Franz= (Only the 26 letters in the alphabet have values. A=1-FACE=6+1+3+5+15,

And he has several expositions depicting Frederick W. Franz as the 666 of Revelation 13:18

One I am thinking about now is a Bible verse. 1 Kings 10:14 And the weight of the gold that came to Solomon in one year amounted up to six hundred and sixty six talents of gold.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

the English language did not exist when this was written. A hunger for sensationalism will lead you to some very strange and dark places. Always first consider the simplest and least supernatural explanation. Life simply works in predictable ways like this. Appying this stategy may guard your mind from fanatism and irration extremes.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I was disfellowshipped and I went to the hall asking for extra bibles just so I could highlight scriptures that I felt went so well together but yet proved the witnesses were not doing things right. But I was denied the three bibles I asked for.... reason ( It's what the society says we have to do )....

This is hilarious, the brothers got you good on that one. They're basically saying "go buy your own bible!". Good for them.

• DJ
    DJ

Yes Sword of _____, that's it...loving your enemies and blessing those who curse you. The brothers are so luvin'. I am sure that if this poster pulled 50 bucks out of his pocket for the New World Mistranslations they would have been more than happy to oblige him.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Look what crawled out from under its rock! Swordofdud! Got over that rash, have you? You know, the rashofshit you got the last time you crashed a thread. You never reply to comments directed at you by me, worm. Why is that? Face break out again and being ignored at your Hall? What gender are you? Or are you like those depends wearing, addled brained, androgyny up in Olympus,(Brooklyn)?...Where's my bug spray!!!! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit