666 THE MARK! but who? Part One

by elumn8_2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hi Elum8. Welcome to the board.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Interesting post. Also, something I just learned... The Koran has 6,666 verses..... hmmmmm.

• logical
    logical
    Interesting post. Also, something I just learned... The Koran has 6,666 verses..... hmmmmm.

Also approximately what year did Islam start?

Does the Bible having 66 books also mean anything? I think its possible. The bible is inaccurate incomplete with many alterations and additions, which is precisely why we should go to Christ for truth and not spend our lives following a book.

Religion always has been the beasts described about in Revelation 13. Nothing else on earth can fit. Not barcodes, not the United Nations, but all the worlds religions.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Well said, Logi

Jst2

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Is it a law to have a SSN? If not, why have it, for the benefits, if so, at what sacrifice? The day is coming when it will be common to have your fingerprints taken at a routine traffic stop! Greed has no morals, man is greedy, beastly.

Guest 77

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I often wonder if 666 is the number of a man (one person) or the number of man (the totality of men)? Is it just one man or the whole human race (not just religionists) that often act like a beast?

By the way, welcome Elum8.

• one
    one

What is the logical reasoning to justify receiving a message from your father, employer or supervisor ENCRYPTED?... and not even giving you the key...

Once you get a satisfactory answer then... keep on the excercise on futility.

BTW

only when i dont feel good and have strange or bad DREAMS.

an old babylonian king had a dream and went crazy after that...

the strangeest individual i have konwn are very religious and interested in profecy... keep your common sense.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Francois, I found this comment fascinating

So when we are able to drop some animal-origin functionality, say jealousy, from our makeup, we are in fact ridding ourselves of another mark of the beast; the evolutionary mark that says we are of animal origin.

It brought to mind a thought in one of my favorite books, "So Many Miracles" by Saul Rubinek. It is the story of how his parents survived the holocaust in a small farm in Poland. The father talked about the difference between being a human being and an animal, and how the Jewish law helped,

"It always got in my mind, it bothered me, in Jewish law it is not allowed, when you get up in the morning, to right away go and eat. When you're taking your feet down from the bed, right away you have to prepare yourself with a little bit of water, to wash your fingers, and your eyes, and you have to say a prayer right away. After that you sit down at the table, and you're eating breakfast. That stuck with me and I couldn't understand why you have to do all that - if you're hungry, why can't you eat before?

Now I'm turning to Ludwig. Five o'clock in the morning, when he just opened his eyes and sat up, right away he said to his wife, and he started to push her, 'Eat! I want to eat! I want to Eat!' And she had to jump down right away, if not he was so mad...At that time, the thought came to me, the difference between an animal and a human being. ...

So the Jewish law says that when you get up in the morning, you're like any animal, no different. But an animal runs right away to eat, and a human being has to learn how to keep himself back, not to say, 'I want now, right now, and I have to get it right now.' On account of that, I understood, when I saw Ludwig, if he would wash himself, make a prayer - doesn't matter, he doesn't have to make a prayer - just wash himself, and come back to the stage of being a human being, he wouldn't be like an animal."

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I do love it when a post can be about one subject, but spin off into new and expressive ideas, very interesting Jgnat, I'll think about that story for quite awhile, and think about the differences between man and animals..

• DJ
    DJ

Hello Elum,

While I am sure that the wt has many false teachings and I'm sure that they cover up their lies. I just don't see how you came to that conclusion about the beast. I left the wt 7 yrs. ago and I must tell you it was a very emotional time. I was almost delusional. After the type of exit that I had from the jw's...(long story) I really almost lost it. I don't want be specific here but I am concerned for you because you have not been away from them long enough to go through all of the emotions that one needs to experience after leaving. You are in a very fragile state and I urge you to take a breather from trying to figure it all out. Just patiently ask God for guidance and to keep you from the wicked one. Be strong and of good courage! Do not take things that you read in the bible and try to connect them with your personal life all of the time. The bible is a manual that should be viewed as a guide to live peacefully and uprightly. Be careful not to think yourself too wise! Be careful or you will fall. Take a breather and just pray for guidance and discernment. You need to be able to discern what is true and what is a ploy. Please heed my advice. You are heading for trouble. Take care of fruitcake and look out for her needs and try to put your needs second. It will do you a world of good. Take care. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit