Umbertoecho here.

by umbertoecho 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Dear sweet Umberto your dignity in the face of this is motivating. The actions of the scumbags (not even going to dignify them with a title) cements my decision to fade stronger!

Please be assured that this report from the ARC is having repercussions here in the UK. I'm aware first hand that there is dissent/arguements about lack of direction from the platform/a study quitting when they found out/elder's wife speaking confidently amongst r&f about this terrible situation. I've walked. My 33yr old baptised child is on the verge of DA.

In my family the reputation of JW's leave a lot to be desired

• Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    If I had to guess, I'd say that even if the GB don't believe the WTS will suffer as a result of this, the lawyers might be starting to clue in.
  • steve2
    steve2

Wonderful report Umbertoecho. Such courage!

There is an expression among Maori in New Zealand thst conveys so sell my words to you: "Kia kaha" - Be strong. You convey such dignity and composure but we know this is taking such effort and courage on your part.

I chanced upon a chat with a couple of younger JWs doing cart wotk in the local shopping district here in Wellington disttrict New Zealand. They knew about the Royal Commission of Inquiry - and their responses were very telling: Somewhat embarrassed and awkward. They offered nlt muvh by way of verbsl reaction, but retained their smiles. I passed myself off as a member of the public concerned about what I was hearing in the news.

This is having an impact on JWs - although they engsge in impression management big time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "...their responses were very telling: Somewhat embarrassed and awkward. They offered nlt muvh by way of verbsl reaction..."

* snicker *

I've said this before, but I would not want to be a JW going door-to-door in Australia these days.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

May I add my thanks Umbe, what you have done is a wonderful thing, so selfless, and yet I do hope it does help you too.

Phizzy XXX

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Sir82,

I guess or should I say I know you are right, we are more concerned about what happens to the Kardashians. How sad. I thought news travel fast, even bad news. I think most know but just know we'll get in trouble if mentioned. Does anyone here know of any one on this side of the world that does know about the ARC even though they don't mention it. I want to say it so bad but I know better. But I kind of like knowing so I'm forewarned when the Brothers say, "Don't believe the media" & why this new Meeting workbook...Just to keep us blind sided. I even like when I come on here & see the letters to be read. Thank goodness, I believe in God/Jesus & not Man. By me believing in God, helps me treat others with kindness, I mean everyone..not just the friends...At times I do wonder if the news will ever reach these parts.

Tor

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ the Girl Next door,

Thanks for the link...very interesting...so the CNN reporters in Australia don't talk to the US CNN Reporters...Ummm interesting. I would think they would because it needs to be addressed here. When someone escapes from prison anywhere...aren't all countries alerted, for safety purposes. Wouldn't one Australian reporter contact someone in the US (CNN office), to give them a heads-up. Or could it be it's big news for them not to be shared. There is another site that one of the JW's is from Australia , someone asked about the ARC & he said it wasn't what it looked like. I've gone on this site & it's been very quiet for almost a year. But mainly since The ARC. They used to fuss & fight on this site, but it's very quiet. To be honest the site has been quiet since many of the changes of 2015. Guess they've run out of ammunition. Sometimes I think God is protecting this org. but I thought he wasn't partial.

Tor

• steve2
    steve2

Trouble is Tor1500 news tends to be regional - and from the media's perspective, tales of sexual abuse from one country do not travel so widely to another, unless their is a local angle.

Besides, media do not have a "vested" interest in exposing a particular religious organization - whereas some ex-JWs might.

Another point: We ought not conclude that, because media coverage about the Australian Royal Commission is sparse, not much is happening. JWs have a vested interest in trying to appear unaffected by the reports filtering through to them, but may well be feeling uneasy about what is happening in the organization.

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ Steve 2,

I see your point. Sometimes I want justice so much I don't see the bigger pix. But you make good sense. I also like your "Another Point" I agree, I think they know but can't let on they know. Sometimes, & maybe it's my wishful thinking I think I recognize one or two on this site that I feel I go to the hall with, but can't tell, it's just that the stories line-up. They do try to act like they are not interested in the news, but I think they know more than they are letting on. I'm asking your view (only answer if you wish). I've commented on this site several time in the past & in the present. My take on the friends is that more than anything they feel chosen (God's organization), so maybe that's why they don't want to rock the boat. Sure they feel uneasy about things but to me what stands out in all of their comments is..."Well, this is the truth & this is God's org". Could that be the driving force in them sticking their heads in the sand ? I think that's why so many of them are sick....they know something isn't right but they much rather forsake their health than admit...maybe this isn't God's only org. This might just appeal to their elite'us (spelling ?) personality. They have a need to be part of something that makes them stand out & noticed. Their pride won't let them admit something isn't right. Steve, thanks so much for replying to me. Most here don't, but it doesn't matter, but at least I get to vent here. I thank all of you on this site, you have made me feel, I'm not alone in what I observe. I think we all have questioned our faith at one time or another & think to ourselves, maybe I'm crazy, maybe I don't read as well as I think I do. If it walks & talks like a duck..then that's what it is. Also, because many do believe it's God's org. they are too embarrassed to even admit because of all the folks they have shunned or disassociated with..that would be a lot of egg on their faces. They accuse other religions of being deceitful & they felt safe in the org....UNTIL NOW...I think too much is happening to ignore.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit