Maybe we all need to calm down and just stop arguing!

by NaruNaruChan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I don't want to, and you can't make me... so there!!! Maverick

• scotsman
    scotsman

NNC

In the real world I love arguing with my friends over anything, but it's tempered by vocal tone and physical contact which emoticans don't even begin to express. As a result the discussions on the board can sound bitter when they are not intended to be, and are protracted as they cross time zones which can make them a little wearing.

The name calling that goes on is the most tedious aspect - like the accusation of JWism - it isn't an arguement, isn't constructive or persuasive. But then again the heat with which some people try to prove their qualifacations or experience in some matters does give moments of hilarity.

I must say that for some reason you always come across as a pretty chilled cookie and are often a pleasure to read.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Thanks for all the great responses... I'm sorry for sounding grouchy, it's just that I hate thinking that we all left and remained bitter people. I left the borg and I'm happy as hell.. but the political arguments, etc... that go on here just get so assinine and I just wanted to throw my uneducated 2 cent opinion in ^_~ hee hee

• Francois
    Francois

Well, Naru, for a preview of what this site would be like if we all agreed, why don't you go to some JW site and watch them drizzle sugar-water all over each other. It's disgusting. This site is made up of people who argued with the Borg and won fer crissake. You can't expect them to be Caspar Milquetoasts here, now can you?

Let the eye-gouging continue!

francois

• Francois
    Francois

See? Sometimes you even get two for the price of one.

francois

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan
    Well, Naru, for a preview of what this site would be like if we all agreed, why don't you go to some JW site and watch them drizzle sugar-water all over each other. It's disgusting. This site is made up of people who argued with the Borg and won fer crissake. You can't expect them to be Caspar Milquetoasts here, now can you?

That's not what I'm asking for. I'm saying, why not try to post a FEW positive thoughts, so that nobody ends up so incredibly depressed all the time. I mean, I think everyone here needs to try to be more positive, NOT about the JWs, but maybe about life! It'd help the healing process, that's all. Francois, I don't expect people here to be happy all the time, for "Crissake" I am just asking people to try to think positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit