Maybe we all need to calm down and just stop arguing!

by NaruNaruChan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

I mean for heaven's sake people! Sometimes it feels like coming onto this site is such a downer! I don't mean to be offensive, but why don't we all try to make tomorrow a more positive day of posting.. like, talk about stuff in your lives that doesn't suck for just a little while! Enough with the politics, and religious bantering 24 / 7...

Can't we all just get along?

• be wise
    be wise
    talk about stuff in your lives that doesn't suck for just a little while!

I CAN'T, IT SUCK'S ...ALL OF IT, SUCKS

I mean, what is the meaning of life? Why am I here? Where are we going? Does God have a purpose?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I mean, what is the meaning of life? Why am I here? Where are we going? Does God have a purpose

geesh I get so sick of these superficial questions.

Brummie

• Brummie
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

“Argument” is not a negative term. It is simply exploring each side of a claim. Poor arguing is another matter…….. It is disagreements that make this site worth viewing. Who wants to just hear what you want to? Sounds a lot like a JW-ism……. On Balance, there is a lot of good arguing going on here!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey NCC, this forum has its moments. Overall, seriously, I find it a pretty good place to hang out.

From what I've heard from long time forum participants, they have said it has really been a much warmer and welcoming place than what it once was in its earlier days.

I've been on many different xjw sites, and I'd say this one is the best.

Sure there's debates and disagreements, but generally people seem to get on with their lives and can post to other threads in a non-threatening or non-arguementive manner.

I mean there are people I may not agree with, but I tend to focus on the stuff WE do agree upon and go with that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Naru,

: I mean for heaven's sake people! Sometimes it feels like coming onto this site is such a downer! I don't mean to be offensive, but why don't we all try to make tomorrow a more positive day of posting.. like, talk about stuff in your lives that doesn't suck for just a little while!

A world without lively and argumentative discussion is like a dub without Watchtower Magazines.

Some things just need to be the way they are.

Farkel

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

Hey Naru - celebrate diversity and the freedom to actually have an opposite stance

If someone is irritating you, walk away and ignore them (trying doing that with elders and the like)

Pick up on the bits that you feel good about - encouragement of positive behaviour helps to create more of it

'When you lose small mind you free your life' (System of a Down)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Sorry, I can't be serious today ...

***sticks out tongue to all ***

***runs away***

• berylblue
    berylblue

I think this is a great forum. I really do, and I appreciate the work Simon has put into it.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit