Christians Know Who God Is

by Loi_241 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Loi_241
    Loi_241

Many of us Christians have a good question for you to ask, “Who is God?” There are more than six scriptures to share with you. You know the Bible itself a true message for all the people on earth. The Bible explains ‘in the beginning God created everything: heaven, earth, animals, people and everything.’ Thus, you notice God created humans, Adam and Eve. He also created sex to produce the baby to the next generations. So the next generations mean you, the humans. God created you. If you are an Atheist or worshipper of false god, then how can you be existed in this planet? Something good to ponder. Let’s start with the main scripture Psalm 83:18, interesting to hear those who believe a true God’s name is JEHOVAH. And Jesus is not Jehovah. Well, let research on Jehovah resource. Many Bible translations have God’s name Jehovah. For example, NWT contains Jehovah’s name 7,000 times. Why does NWT preferGod’s name is Jehovah instead of the LORD? Because of not admitting to believe Jesus is God. However, NWT does have Jehovah. The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah Is Salvation”. (See Insight on the Scriptures II on page 10 for proof.) Jehovah is salvation and Jesus is salvation. Still, Jesus is Jehovah. Truly, yea. That’s a true meaning! Read Isaiah 12:2 and see what true meaning is. You notice the LORD JEHOVAH? That is Jesus. Yea, truly.

Based on what you need to know who God is in the Bible, not just Psalm 100:3, Isaiah 42:8, Romans 10:13, Hebrews 3:4 and Isaiah 40:26.

• cofty
    cofty
    If you are an Atheist or worshipper of false god, then how can you be existed in this planet?

Humans evolved from non-human ancestors over millions of years.

Perhaps you would like to have a go at answering these ten basic questions for creationists...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There are plenty of cases where the son of God becomes the new main God. The christian god is jesus son of God who is exalted to become God. Later the trinity also an ancient idea is adopted by the Christians. Everything christian was stolen from older religions mostly Egyptian.

• megaboy
    megaboy

Translation issue, original hebrew uses Alahym, that is applied to powers of authority. Sometimes it refrences the three powers that worked as one to create the heavens and earth.

There was a being that came down, sometimes he was called a pillar of smoke or cloud etc, but he had a bodily apperance. Helped Moses and the children of Jacob out when the Egyptains chased them, they called him Yah (Was not a short form of YHWH). And was called the Word which would speak what he was told to speak to man. A different being from YHWH.

So when he was going to be stoned for saying "I AM". He was telling the truth, he was saying that he was YAH, but even most of the hebrews didn't know that YAH and YHWH were not the same person.

I'm not sure who taught the trinity, but the Hebrew believers in the Mashiyak didn't teach it from the evidence I've read of first century hymns and discourses. Some gentiles such as Justin Martyr understood them to be two seperate entities.

I know there was a schism between the gentile and hebrew church, so as the hebrew founders left the scene, the gentile dominated gatherings (bodies) most likely started doing their own thing and adding their own twists. Then the council of Nicea just tweaked all of that confusion into a "canon doctrine" for the state.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    You know the Bible itself a true message for all the people on earth.

Then why does it make demonstrably false claims? For example, we know for a fact that:

• Humanity did not begin 6,000 years ago.
    • A worldwide flood did not happen 4,300 years ago.
    • Nebuchadnezzar never destroyed or even entered the city of Tyre.
    • Land animals existed BEFORE flying creatures.
    • etc.

The Bible get's all these facts completely wrong. Why should we think it has a "true" message?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    God created everything? So that includes viruses, cells that are designed to go cancerous, parasites, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, supertyphoons and hurricanes, baseball sized hail that kill people and animals, mosquitos, fleas and ticks that spread disease. Yeah, nice job God! Such a god of love!
  • megaboy
    megaboy

For those confused by the Nebuchadnezzer Tyre prophecy, keep in mind that sometimes its talking about the NATIONALITY, not the location. So in this case the nationality of Tyre would be families of Edomites which did see an invansion from him.

I'm of the suspicion that the scholars propagating this have purposely (wrongly) assumed that its location and not race based because it would bring to light the lie that the decendants of Edom dissapeared some place or already had its full judgement completed. But if that proves wrong it would mean there is a nationality based judgement still pending and it would open a whole other can of worms for them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Christians Know Who God Is

..................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,......Not This One..

..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..,....He Looks Confused..

..........http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ksHcE3T9Zxo5YddNqsBALsV37zhyIRJrJfDkNHoPLkvAsTFi7XD0-tzpxWt-VUTTJKwo8cYXVN1QJSSQPIKubbur=s740

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    keep in mind that sometimes its talking about the NATIONALITY, not the location.

I know of no records in antiquity where Tyre is referenced as a nationality. Rather, the people of Tyre's nationality was Phoenician. I have the feeling this is something that has been pulled out of thin air by Christian apologists (A.K.A. the most dishonest people on the planet).

But none the less we know the Bible passage IS referencing the city of Tyre because:

• A.) It specifically differentiates between the city of Tyre and its "dependent towns" (Ezekiel 26:6,8)
    • B.) It specifically references Tyre as being on an Island (Ezekiel 26:15,18). If it were referencing a "nationality" this would not be the case as only one city (Tyre) was on an Island. Not all of Phoenicia.
    • C.) It calls Tyre the "city of the Sea" (Ezekiel 26:17).

Also, even if we grant your premise that it was referencing a "nationality", it STILL gets it wrong. Because the people who lived in Tyre weren't destroyed by King Nebuchadnezzar and their inhabitants are still there to this day.

So in this case the nationality of Tyre would be families of Edomites which did see an invansion from him.

This is even worse. It's not only not right - it's not even wrong. Just because someone CAN come up with an explanation doesn't meant that actually IS the explanation. You have to have something you can point to that allows us to reach a conclusion. You don't just get to say "well it could have been this so we'll go with that."

It's blatantly clear that when the Bible references the city of Tyre - it's referencing the CITY of Tyre. And it specifically says that Nebuchadnezzar would breach the city walls and that he would tear down the buildings and that the city would be so thoroughly destroyed that it would never be rebuilt or found again.

Instead of following the evidence where it leads (the Bible got this wrong) they instead try to move the goal post by saying "oh the Bible wasn't really talking about the city of Tyre."

Why can't Christians just be honest?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I was so disappointed when my mom told me there is no fat jolly old man SC.

I was 7 years old, one year later I understood deers can't fly but a snake can talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit