JW Stumper Questions - List You Best Here

by pale.emperor 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Explain your belief that modern man appeared out of nowhere 6000 years ago in Mesopotamia.

Please also explain how you can deny the mountain of evidence that points to the contrary.

• alanv
    alanv

Some great answers here, guys and girls. Just need to remember them when I next get a visit. Probably worth mentioning, that it is very unlikely you could have a discussion about any of theses things if you speak to witnesses with the carts. They dont normally get involved in discussing doctrine most times in the town centre etc.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Can you please explain these 2 quotes and how they can both be equally valid when they are clearly for everyone including JWs alike.....

“No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.” Awake! 2009 Jul p.29
    “Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail.” Watchtower Study Edition 2013 Jan 15 p.16
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    alanv - They dont normally get involved in discussing doctrine most times in the town centre etc.

From my memory of being a jobo, there is no knowledge base to argue from now. Once upon a time, when I was a lad in the 1960's, a jobo wouldn't be afraid to argue at the doors. Now of course, they have very little knowledge of what they actually believe.

.........apart from, Pandas in the paradise.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

"Do you believe in freedom of religion?"

(yes of course)

"Then why do you not speak to people when they quit your religion?"

• carla
    carla

To my jw I would like to ask-

When the Catholic pedophile issue was in the news on a nearly daily basis for awhile you said the truth was coming out and how great it was. In fact you looked forward to each new story. When a pedophile jw story comes out you think it is a lie, an apostate trying to get publicity or money, and so on.

It upset you that the Catholic church would simply move a priest to another location without telling the church that he may be a problem, and rightly so. The jw's also allow known pedophiles to remain (as long as they cry and are sorry in a jc meeting) or move to new congregations without telling the congregations there may be a problem with the person. Tell me how are the two different?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Can you list any Watchtower fruit to the world?

disclaimer- Works are not fruits. ie: restoring God's true name, or going door to door are works, not fruits

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Where in the Bible are the instructions for ‘judicial committees’? There are no scriptures that show that 3 men should interview and judge an alleged ‘wrong doer’ are there?

When the writers of the watchtower get things wrong and have to change a previous doctrine, why are they likened to alleged men in the Bible who ‘got things wrong’? If this is the case, which scriptures had to be altered later on because God gave the writers incorrect information?

How do the Governing Body receive their communication from God?

BONUS QUESTION: Are you a nutter?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If Jesus, after examining all religions on earth, chose the Watchtower Society in 1919 and declared it clean. Then inst any "new light" since then actually... apostasy? Who are these men to refine something Jesus himself called clean?

• carla
    carla

"BONUS QUESTION: Are you a nutter?"

haha, I like that one! short and to the point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit