The memorial beauty pageant

by BlackWolf 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Jookbeard...funny. At least they are not tight.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    SO TRUE!
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes, the memorial, assemblies, etc., are nothing more than fashion shows for us women. Hell, we are not good for much inside this men's Org. We have settled for looking pretty.

Talk about that, I still need to go shopping as my outfit is not complete just yet.😜

DY

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    I agree, its kind of depressing how women in the org really seem to base their worth off of appearance. I know a lot of sisters with eating disorders, myself included. But I guess like you said we dont have much else to focus on since we don't get any privileges in the Cong like the men do.
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Jookbeard now that's a classy look I could get behind! I also like the high chest cinch....... Dude no way you'd show a nipple erection when the sisters parade into the KH.......... this guy has everything covered.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This guy took that 'pants on the ground' thing seriously!!

And yes, looks are the only things sisters have got. I've said it before, but when I wear stuff to church that I used to wear to the KH, I feel like I'm making a spectacle of myself. Now I'm allowed to have a mind and express it, I don't have to flaunt myself. It's weird how that happens.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think the JW memorial dress ups were fun for an entrance but awfully uncomfortable and impractical for a whole meeting.

Skirts that ride up, stockings that pinch, constantly checking cleavage to make sure your boobs aren't starting to escape over the top of your bra lest you get the evil-eye from an old sister or the leer-eye from one of the emblem server brothers. Ugh!! The lame vanity of it all!! So glad to be out.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If you want inspiration, check out the Instagram accounts called

jw_adornedwithmodesty

pioneercloset

Seriously! Check them out....

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Years ago in Florida, in Jacksonville, when I first became a witness-guess it was in the 70's- the women would wear formal gowns to the memorial. I was flabbergasted. To them it seemed normal. I thought it was very showy. Too bad it didn't stumble me out at that time. It took 30 more years.

• atomant
    atomant
    lf the sisters rocked up to the memorial in hot pants lace net stockings and only a bra l might consider going this year other wise forget it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit