Memorial this year?

by carla 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    "Keep on doing this in memory of me,"

R: good point, there is actually no record of the apostles doing that at passover time.

The occasion, when Peter was freed by the angel from prison, with the full moon in the east, he did not find the other apostles at a bread and wine event. that would have been a good time in the story to highlight that. It must have been invented ~50 or 500 years later.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I can't understand why each person has to have their own red wine and bread.

You can't? I do. It's called controlling people.

Even if you believe in the goat herder bronze age user guide, where does it say that people who do not partake have to touch the emblems at all?

Evidently Jellohoba is not powerful enough to protect Jdubs from covid during the special time of the year. Turns out he is as effective as protecting you from covid as Zeus, Thor, or any other fake god.

• waton
    waton
    where does it say that people who do not partake have to touch the emblems at allrv 2000

when you think about it, the "other sheep"= jw non-partakers need the emblems more that the "anointed". the anointed will die to go to heaven, (pay the price) but the OS will never die at all, so they need the new covenant to have their sins really forgiven to keep living.

that is why Jesus passed the emblems to people with an earthly hope, that were un-anointed to eat and drink. not to wink.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have just received my Invite this morning, simply addressed to the House, not an individual who lives here. The little typed note that accompanied the actual Invitation, which has a Poncy looking Jesus on the front, this note from an Elder, has an opening sentence that is gobbledegook ! He obviously didn't proofread what he had written!

I did think I might e-mail him and point out this gaffe, but then I thought, nah, let it stand, they are less likely to trap someone if they send out stuff written by what appears to be either an illiterate or lazy person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit