Memorial this year?

by carla 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

How are they handling the memorial this year? zoom or open kh's? how do they reject the wine & bread in their own home? do they get a bottle and some nice crusty bread and put aside until the next day or later?

• St George of England
    St George of England

ZOOM, just like last year. In the UK anyway.

George

• Biahi
    Biahi

I think if they are not partaking, they just watch on zoom. Some may pass (and reject) the emblems, then drink the wine later.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I started drinking wine even before zoom started.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere
    USA. Zoom with the congregation. Now they say e everyone should have the emblems. I always Have wine and can make a cracker for the wife.
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost

Yes, on zoom, and each family provides their own emblems.

At least 80% of the JWs I know will eat & drink them within seconds of their zoom cameras going dark.

Somehow, the bread and wine are only "holy", somehow it only really "counts", if you eat the bread & drink the wine....at the exact "right time".

If you eat & drink at 7:45 PM (during the meeting) then you'd better be "anointed" or you will be "partaking unworthily" and Jehovah will smite you.

If you eat/drink the identical items at 8:15 (after the meeting), though, hey, just a nice little snack.

And don't get me started on the sheer absurdity that each family will go through to appear to be "passing the emblems" to each other.

The goofiness of the whole thing is just incomprehensible to anyone who's never been a JW.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think i'll pass again this year--seems silly to break a 40 year habit.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

Same in France ... zoom ...

But What about Russia ? I explain,

It's obvious that brothers and Sisters from russia facing trials and jails and fines because WT and GB forced them to continue proselitism despites the law ...

Today ( I hope for them ) Russian JW are like all other JW and do all with zoom or phone , but I am not sure then I ask about them

Best regards

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

March 27th if you wish to observe it

• St George of England
    St George of England
    The goofiness of the whole thing is just incomprehensible to anyone who's never been a JW.

It's also incomprehensible to any current JW with an IQ in double figures.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit