Unique Words and Expressions Of Jehovah’s Witnesses

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

'Lying for the Truth' AKA Theocratic Warfare

Awful that the WTS uses Lying for the Truth [aka theocratic warfare] on its' own members as well as new recruits or critics.

TTWSYF

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

JWS like to identify themselves as being " In The Truth " and identify non JWS as being worldly. ( Evil )

Other religious organizations do the same though, calling themselves brothers and sisters.

Makes them feel superior, which also makes them arrogant and self righteous .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Bible study = book study

Return to Jehovah = return to the organization

So the organization = Jehovah

• tiki
    tiki

Ahhh...."the weaker vessel"

And " female vicissitudes"....

(growl)

• minimus
    minimus

Tiki, that’s why women could never be elders. They are weaker and have monthly changes. They cannot be depended on.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

"Weaker vessel" is a biblical expression not unique to JWs, but JWs are very clear that the verse is NOT saying that the woman is weaker than a man, rather, that the man should treat her as more precious than himself. I don't see anything inherently wrong with that, so I'll give that one a pass.

On the other hand... (definitions inspired by Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four)

"Jehovah" = Big Brother

"Bethel family" = The Inner Party

"Daily text" = Two Minutes hate

"The Faithful and Discreet Slave" = Ministry of Truth

"Independent spirit" = Crimethink

"Secular activities" = Ownlife

"Judicial committee" = Thought police.

"Disfellowship" = Unperson

"JW Broadcasting" = Prolefeed

• minimus
    minimus

Weaker vessel connotes a woman because she’s a female is weaker in many ways besides strength. Most JW women bristled at that verse because Watchtower has always told the man he has to be more considerate of her especially during her monthly cycle and they will refer to that scripture to admonish the males to back off.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

"You can trust the brothers'.

'The best convention ever'.

'They are such a nice family'.

'We just finish the block'.

G.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"Severing where the need is great". I fucking hated that one. Even when I was a JW drone I thought it sounded archaic and scripted.

Why not say "preaching there's a need" ?

"This is Brother Bob who's currently serving where the need is great" - oh do fuck off.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Publisher - A perfect misnomer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit