Confused trying to understand JW GF or soon to be EX

by James87 75 Replies latest social relationships

• snowbird
    snowbird

James87

• just fine
    just fine

Wishing you peace as you heal from this experience.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I saw you say that you're trying hard to make this work. Then I saw your last post. Here's that tough love, just in case you keep trying. If you keep buying her bullshit, then quicherbichin. Nobody wants to hear you whine and read your walls of text. Time to sack up and walk away now. Not after next time, not if she doesn't shape up, get the f%#! out today or quit whining about her because now you're doing it to yourself.

• Londo111
  • MuslimWoman
    MuslimWoman

Hi,

First I am so sorry about the situation you are in. Because I know it's complicated. I am kind of in the same situation.. My boyfriend is a disfellowshipped jehova's witness who wants to go back to being a jehova's witness. But he is dating me. I am a muslim..

So he wants to get married and tells me he loves me he supports me a lot. But a the same time he is saying that if he goes back to being a jehova's witness he will probably want a jehova's woman. So he is asking me to stidy the bible for 3 months with precise conditions like I have to study once a week, in my home country, and without him. Or he won't marry me.. It's like a passive blackmail: I don't force you to study the bible but if you don't we won't get married and then we will have to break up.

Your girlfriend and my boyfriend are completely lost and are shared between 2 lives: being a jehova's witness and their lover.. It's hard because the Jehova's witness religion is so radical that it's complicated..

I am sorry I can't help you more but you and me we will have to make a choice. Keep fighting for someone we love and pray that they stop being so extremist? Or leave and be hurt? 😔

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MuslimWoman, James here resolved his predicament almost a year ago, as you now should resolve your problem -- He left her. The guy you are pining for is just as much a "damaged Cult member", and in fact, it would be a much worse situation (IMO) for a non-JW woman married to a JW man than vice-versa, because the JW-man is convinced that God makes him Head of his wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit