US to lose King of the South Crown

by Uncanny 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

Now that the news is out the the United States of America has lost its seat on the United Nations Security Council, one can only speculate if and when the old boys in the Brooklyn Writing Deparetment will strip them of their King of the South title.

The US says it was because Europe couldn't "get its act together." But the truth was they just didn't get enough votes. Not too many salutes from the Middle East or the Asian countries, especially after George W's spyplane fiasco over the Chinese border.

I'd like to see China, the awakening giant, take on the role of the big bad Bible bogeyman on the planet during these never ending wicked last days. Who knows? I might even get to see the Chinese premier - and not an impersonator next time - telling Jay Leno's worldwide audience on Television to "righten up" before singing "Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody wang chung tonight."

Änd now that Russia's failure with communism is seeing that former superpower heading back into pre-Bolshevik corruption and poverty, who do you think the new King of the North will be? Aw, that's too easy. Blame Canada.

Uncanny

• Jang
    Jang

Hey Uncanny! Good to see you around!

Are you in SA or still in Tas? Either place will freeze the crown jewels of the monkeys this year!

You point about the Kings is interesting ...... will have to keep our eyes open to see what happens :D

JanG

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

Jang,

Yeah, I'm still around. Still waiting for the big one. Or as Randy Newman used to sing, "They all hate us anyhow,
    so let's drop the big one now."

To answer your question, I'm now living in the picturesque Adelaide Hills of South Australia. A very pretty and fine autumn at the moment with the deciduous trees changing colour and dropping their leaves. But I did buy a hillside acre and a quarter of semi-rural paradise in Northern New South Wales last week where I hope to build a house later this year with the professional help of an ex-study, now also a WT-apostate, and without much help from me.

I just couldn't wait anymore for the world to end so I might claim my post apocalyptic mansion at Point Piper. Have to do it myself, I guess. Up the Roosters!

Uncanny

• Flip
    Flip
    …who do you think the new King of the North will be? Aw, that's too easy. Blame Canada.

So what’s Canada going to do as "King of da North"…threaten every country that steps out of line with our enormous fleet of tactical water-bombers and a severe drenching?

And while we're at it, if not for Canadian forests where would the WTBTS get their pulp for their fiction?

Flip

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Uncanny,
    Yes The US lost it's seat on the Human Rights Commission.
    I would say Bush's refusal of Kyoto,not banning nuclear arms, etc. are stronger reasons than the China fiasco.
    The US is unfortunately looking more inward,than outward globally.
    There were 3 seats and 4 nations vying fo them.
    The other 3 nations were more deserving from a human rights perspective.,,but that's JMHO. regards,Tina

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

Hi Sorello Valentina,

Yeah, Kyoto was nice work, and let's not forget the recent U-turn on limiting greenhouse emmissions. Australia can't talk. As usual, we cow towed to our allies and Uncle Sam and are also offending established international standards. Don't think I'm anti-American, I'm not. We're just another American town down under - least we're not still British! - and Adairs country bar on Hall Street in Dallas still rules for me.

And I ain't no Chinese commie sympathiser either. They still lead the world when it comes to having an appalling record of abusing human rights. There is another point for them being the new King of the South - some more food for thought for Watchtower revision writers.

When all is said and done, Tina, I'd rather be back in Naples. Or should I say, swimming again with my Ethipoian princess off the Isle of Capri.

Uncanny

• Tina
    Tina

awwwwwwww Caro Uncanny
    I was gonna ask you to take me swimming with you lol,but you have your 'principessa' already :>

Tina See Naples and Die Class

'Nuke a Godless Communist Gay Baby Seal for Christ'

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

Whoops, Tina, I meant, SORELLA Valentina,

That's an interesting story about my Ethiopian princess and the Isle of Capri. Although it sounds like a dream or some fantasy, it actually happened. And seeing that I'm in a rarely sociable mood, I would like to share it with you and others.

When I attached myself to the English speaking group of Jehovah's Witnessess in Naples, Italy, a couple of years ago, one summer Saturday in '98 we organised a group of us to catch the motor ferry to nearby Capri for the day. We were all supposed to meet at the wharf and travel there together. But only me and a gorgeous Ethipian sister turned up. Anyway, we didn't miss the boat that day, and if you can think of a better place than Capri to fall in love then I'd like to know.

I never knew nearly all native Africans can't swim; so I had the pleasure of teaching her a few strokes. The Australian crawl? We had a ball together and both felt complete at Empeor Tiberius' restored villa, San Michelle. The view from the colonade looking down haunts my memory still. And I will never forget the feeling of completeness I had when touring ancient Roman ruins like I was on a date after all those years of singleness. I rate that Saturday as probably one of the most beautifully natural and fulfilling days of my life.

This strange and exotic sister and I have kept in touch for almost two and a half years. But after I flicked the Trooth 14 months ago we've gradually drifted apart. Like a rose slowly dies. She wanted to still stay friends and so did I, for a while. But what's the point? It's not fair on her or myself, as this crazy religion continues to provide her support system and has doomed any further bonding in our relationship. So no more midnight phone calls or letters either way. It's over now.

I've lost a lot in life and it often seems as if everybody I ever loved has died or left me. Only this time I can't blame the other side as I also have had a hand in saying goodbye. So no, I no longer have my Ethiopian princess. And what can one say when love dies?

Uncanny

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Newlight!

King of the North = Norway (Well known homeland to apostates)
    King of the South = Australia(Well known hoemland of JW reformers)

Well, at least one country is in the north and the other in the south which is a better fit than any of the WTS versions.

Thirdson

(PS The US didn't lose it's seat on the UN security council (It has a permanent seat along with Britain, France, Russia and China. It lost a place on the human-rights commission, not a very powerful position. Did anyone mention the that US's death penalty laws might also have played a role in losing this seat?)

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Tina
    Tina

Thankk you for sharing that Uncanny, very poignant......beautiful and sad....(((((((uncanny)))))))))

I've lost so many as well. But the beauty is the human spirit and will are strong and we do go on............
    What to say when love dies? I'm not sure,but I do know that love isn't limiting. As long as one keeps an open and receptive heart,love comes again......
    Often times the right decision is the most painful one initially.
    Making such a decision when love has come to a dead-end only shows that you know you have high self worth and deserving of fully reciprocated love.......one not bound by such situational ethics/restrictions a la wts.
    It's a courageous thing to do ,to cut ones losses so as to move ahead fully in ones life.......wishing you continued strength and courage on your journey. caramente,tina

'Nuke a Godless Communist Gay Baby Seal for Christ'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit