Jehovah's Witnesses - People of Integrity

by Saved_JW 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

yes, my entire point is that JW's THINK that they are people of integrity to SCRIPTURE and to God, but the reality is different. They use words like Loyalty to Jehovah, and People of integrity. But when you boil it all down, they are loyal to the Organization which changes all the time. The irony is of course, they are not actually people of integrity when it comes to absolute standards, principles and codes, since the watchtowers codes and standards change all the time. I hope that makes sense. That's the irony I wanted to expose.

I will edit my post slightly to clarify

• Heaven
    Heaven
    My personal experience was that my parent's integrity diminished when they decided to dedicate themselves to Jehovah. Elevating themselves to one of God's Chosen, gave them the mythological right to become self-righteous, holier-that-thou, mean-spirited a-holes. Our family was irreparably damaged because of this.
  • clarity
    clarity

Maybe the integrity of jws can be summed-up in the often heard retort...

"even if they are wrong, I still wouldn't leave!"

clarity

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

SJW: They use words like Loyalty to Jehovah, and People of integrity. But when you boil it all down, they are loyal to the Organization which changes all the time.

You're preaching to the choir. We already know.

• Alive!
    Alive!

A good post for those quietly reading and questioning things.

Having integrity was always important to me - so when painful doubts about the organisation and the Watchtower could no longer be pushed away, I then had to manage a rough time whilst I struggled with 'losing' my integrity. The integrity that was built on a certain premise - loyalty to the FDS/Christ's self professed brothers was/is synonymous with loyalty to Jehovah/Christ Jesus.

This imaged 'integrity' battled with a grittier integrity - and as time goes on, peace becomes achievable - thank goodness!

The OP struck a chord with me - I recognised that major hurdle for witnesses, and how hard it is to deconstruct the image of group integrity ( and the dishonest nature of the organisation) and let personal integrity emerge.

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea
    People of integrity don't turn a blind eye to child abuse and say, "Don't worry, Jehovah will take care of it!"
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I have remembered, throughout my non-JW life, the song that went "But as for me, determined I shall be to walk eternally in my integrity". It was my integrity that got me df'd for apostasy. That song still resonates with me.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I live a few doors down from an elder and he had some extra construction supplies( Insulation). He asked me if I would like to buy it from him and I save the tax and it saves him from taking back to the store. Since I was working on my house, no problem.

He told me he paid 80 dollars a bail and 10 bails so I cut him a check.

Just for fun later I checked it out on the home depot website and he only paid 40 dollars a bail. He screwed me out of 400 dollars.

I asked him about it. He said it was a mistake and he would pay me back. Two years later I am still waiting. Now he just avoids me like the plague.

Too funny. The 400 dollars was worth the lesson I got to show my wife. Don’t trust elders.

• JWitnessofJehovah
    JWitnessofJehovah

Jehovah's Witnesses have always said; "We have one leader, Jesus Christ." We are not beholden to men we support the GB because we see that God is with them. Zechariah 8:23 "Thus saith Jehovah of hosts:In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, they shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you." American Standard Version.

Who are the "ten men"? They are ones that support the "Jew" or God's chosen people, The Israel of God or spiritual Jews. The verse shows that the ten men are not literally ten men but people of all nations and languages. The Jew is not literal Israel as they are not God's chosen people anymore, Christians or Spiritual Jews are. Is the Jew one person? No. The original text says "we have heard that God is with you people", plural not one. The word "you" in the original text is plural, as in "we will go you all of you", not just one Jew.

The same prophecy is used in The Septuagint and the tetragramaton is used YHWH showing we must use the name Jehovah, no matter how you pronounce it, and that God has chosen ONE group to represent Him.

We are a loyal people. Just ask employers that prefer to hire Witnesses because of their loyalty and honesty. Just ask people that have had their wallets or property returned when found by Jehovah's Witnesses. Just ask any Witness if he is ready to die for his fellow believer and refuses to go to war so he doesn't have to kill fellow believers or even enemies. Just ask people that are married to Jehovah's Witnesses and are not Witnesses themselves how loyal their spouse is. Ask yourself! Be honest. Have you ever met a people more loyal than Jehovah's Witnesses? Who else is so dedicated and effective at preaching the good news to all nations and in all tongues? No one! As has been noted on this very site by our detractors, Jehovah's Witnesses are carrying out the greatest preaching campaign in all of history! Witnesses preach out loyalty to God and to support "the Jew", God's chosen people on earth, true Christians!

Do we question our teachings? Of course we do! That;s why we are constantly growing in knowledge of the Bible while the rest of Christendom falls apart and fades into decay. We are growing in knowledge just as the Bible prophesied that God's people would. Proverbs 4:18. Isaiah 2:2-4. Isaiah 65:13-25. Daniel 12:4. 1 Corinthians 13:12,13.

The definition of loyal is; "1

: unswerving in allegiance: asa : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or governmentb : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is duec : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

Name another group of people more loyal to God and Christ. Who else is ready to go to jail for refusing to break God's commands to preach, not to take up arms, for refusing to renounce their God, for refusing to break God's command on blood and idolatry and immorality, for protecting their brothers in civil wars like in Rwanda and Yugoslavia, for keeping ALL of God's commands for Christians. There is no one more loyal than Jehovah's Witnesses as a group in all the world.

• cofty
    cofty
    why we are constantly growing in knowledge of the Bible

Have you read some of the books that were written by Russell and Rutherford?

I have.

There is not a single word you would still recognise as "truth".

If Jesus was guiding them in the early days of your organisation why did they get everything wrong?

How do you know you have got anything right now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit