Daughter counselled on dating a wordly guy

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1
    Do I tell her that I can ' t really be her friend, knowing that she's been lying to me for so long?

Your Daughters Response should be: A TRUE FRIEND, in my definition, is someone who is there for you no matter what. They stick by your side through thick and thin while respecting your decisions at the same time. If you consider this person to be a Real True Friend then your will continue to be there for this person. You will stick by her decisions to date this guy realizing that it is in fact, HER DECISION. God is the only judge of hearts, you should leave the judging up to him. A true christian loves their neighbor and even their enemies. Show love to your friend along with compassion.

• minimus
    minimus

Fortunately, I think my daughter is more amused and perplexed by her "friend's" persistence than anything else. Such things reinforces her feelings about the Witnesses.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I suggest your daughter respond with a letter stating that all the boys in her congregation are either gay or collect Smurfs, or had tried to have premarital sex with her, or were just plain scary...that she used to have a friend but that friend criticized her on something that was none of her business, and she had to cut off that relationship too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit