Your favourite greeting to the brothers?

by Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice. 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I always find delight in greeting any of the JW's from my area with - "Hello brother (or sister) so-and-so, and how in the Devil are you?" No response, I usually try to follow up with - "I see that you are still suffering from Watchtower induced self-righteous hypocrisy."

There is always much pleasure to be had by coming up behind them in a supermarket for example, and giving them the hello brother treatment. Many turn around with a big grin expecting to see one of their own, but, upon realising who it is addressing them, the look turns to one of dismay as if they were in the presence of Satan himself. Love it.

Cheeses still loves them.

• topanga
    topanga

haaaay up yours!

• onacruse
    onacruse

If they ignore me, I ignore them (their rules).

Otherwise, it's "Hi, how are you?" and an open field.

Craig

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hey Holey Cheeses don't you just love the look of horror in their face when you do say Hi. I've done that to a couple of dubs, and if they could crawl into the ground at the time, they would.

I just love the opportunity, and depending on my PMS mood, I will actually look to stand behind them in the grocery line just to make them feel uncomfortable. (even though it means me going back after I've checked out, to get the rest of my groceries).

Jane,

I've just gotta luv ya - I'll have to keep that one in mind.

cheeses knows.

• dedalus
    dedalus

While at the toy store with my daughter a haggard old dub came up to me. She must have recognized me from a convention or something, because she said, "Hey, you go to da Kingdom Hall?" I must have looked dumbfounded -- it seemed such a bizarre question, and her bloodshot eyes were bugging out of her head -- so she repeated, "I say, you go to da Kingdom Hall?"

I played dumb. "The what?"

"Da Kingdom Hall!"

I screwed up my face in consternation. "Is that the new medieval restaurant-theatre downtown?"

Now it was her turn to look confused.

Dedalus

• Prisca
    Prisca

There's a couple of hypocrits that I love to see them squirm. I'm not da'd nor df'd, so technically I'm still a dub, so they're not supposed to avoid me. I deliberately say hi to them, and wait for their reactions.

In all fairness, some are still friendly to me, and me to them. Although if any of them had said something along the lines of "oh, we've missed you," I would have replied, "really? well, you know where I live, why didn't you come around and visit me?" All said very sweetly of course!

Prisca,

First of all, I apologise for not replying to the greeting you sent me via the site email, but I am unable to send a message for whatever reason. In anycase, a big hello to you as well.

I read with interest your statement revealing that you have not been DF'd, and neither have you DA'd, so technically you are still a dub and the witnesses should not avoid you.

Believe me, you a marked person, maybe not with the mark of the beast, but you could rest assured they have you marked as bad association. And as much as you feel some are still friendly towards you, you could also bet your last dollar that there are others just waiting for you to make a slip-up and to receive some sort of reproof (I am amazed that I can still remember some of the jo ho lingo).

Quite a few years passed from the time I relinquished all KH responsiblities, became inactive and stopped attending meetings before I realised that 'hey, I'm treated like a piece of dog shit, but some of the brothers sometimes speak to me with hope in their voice that I might come back, so why don't I settle the issue, enjoy the benefits of being DA'd, and let them know where I stand". So I met with a couple of the elder men and let them understand in no uncertain terms that I was out - officially.

Apart from wishing I had never become a JW, my other wish is that I had left them sooner.

My wife, ( I hope this doesn't cruel things between you and me ) although she became inactive when I did, and we share the same contempt for the org and the vast majority of the dubs, she has not disassociated (most likely for fear of displeasing her gut-wrenchingly-insipid-poor-excuse-for-a-human-being father), and yet, she too, has the shunning crap to deal with in her life. No doubt she is marked a bad associate.

Consider DAing and letting the bastards know beyond doubt where you stand.

cheeses will always care for you.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Holey one,

In the words of the song "It ain't necessarily so!"

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey Cheeses,

I wondered why you didn't write back... Nevermind, I'll send you another message with my email addy, and you can email me if you want (even though you are married... sob, sob, sniff)

I agree with you about me being a "marked" person. Anyone who doesn't attend all the meetings, and is not regular in service, is considered "bad association", so I was deemed a "bad associate" long before I left for good. There are some who turned up their nose at seeing me at the shopping centre, whilst others are ok saying hello to me. Yet as I said in my previous post, they might say hello to me in a public setting, yet they don't consider me as someone worthy of a personal visit.

As for the DA'ing, at this stage it isn't an option, due to family members being JWs. Further, I believe it is a case of playing by their rules. I didn't sign a piece of paper in order to become a JW, and I don't see the need to sign a piece of paper to leave their religion. Those that do see the need to officially DA have their reasons, and I respect those reasons. But for me, at this stage anyway, I don't wish to DA. I'll probably let the board know if I ever do, LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit