So changes were made, but who cares because were so deep into the end, nothing the Organization does, really matters—does it?

by John Aquila 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

It should be fairly easy then for WT to decree that everyone start to meet in each others' homes and sell off all the Kingdom Halls.

• steve2
    steve2
    Although meeting in private homes increases the likelihood of independent thinking emerging. Collectives are better for "unity" and indoctrination.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Magnum: In contrast, we have seen over 100 years of failed predictions, outlandish teachings, etc. What we have seen is sort of like Moses getting the Israelites backed up to the Red Sea, holding up his staff, and nothing happening.

Moses, "But the water is going to part soon, really soon!"

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    You said it John, they just won't wake up. Just close your eyes and obey. Never mind the elephant in the room. Never mind the governing body member that told lies upon lies at the Royal Commission, never mind, never mind, just obey.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh, the "New Order" is going to be here soooooon, is it? Your Elder friend must really be up in years. "New Order" is very outdated cult terminology, new light (since late 1980's anyway) dictates that it be referred to as the "New System." Even the New World is kind of passe', as it sounds too much like New World Order.

However, I also say New Order, as it implies you've been in da Truth a looooooooonnng time and know what you're talking about. It's like instant JW street credit and respect. Kind of an "in the know" sort of thing.

lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    A couple of elders that I still talk to from time to time gave me a big speech about how Jehovah is working with the GB in these last days of the Wicked System of Things.

Old sky daddy isn't giving them their pocket money though is he?!

...and he hasn't done anything to help the children who are victims of abuse either.

He went on to point out that when the Israelites left Egypt........

I thought the WBT$ had forbidden types and antitypes now? In any case, what arrogance to think that a crappy publishing company parallels the Isrealites. If that's the case, my life parallels Spider-man.

Those that “Focused on the Changes” lost their life and didn’t make it to the promise land.

I don't recall reading that anywhere in the bible.

It's nauseating, sickening and very sad. the poor deluded souls.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Punkofnice: Are you my daddy? I shall call you "Goose" from now on. I'm Maverick. F*ck IceMan.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wingy - Reminds me of Dr Who, '...are you my mummy?'

As long as no one gooses me it's okay.

Chris Bradley...that Maverick?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

He went on to point out that when the Israelites left Egypt, it was a big change from a stable society to wandering in the wilderness. In Egypt they had onions, leeks, housing, etc, but in the wilderness they were wanderers, not knowing where they were headed the next day.

Do JWs not actually READ the Bible? The Israelites were on the threshold of the promised land. Then all except Caleb and Joshua gave a bad report and were too scared to go in. It was only AFTER that that they wandered. The wandering was their own fault! Had they kept their mouths shut, they would have been in the promised land 40 years earlier than they ended up in it. JWs conveniently forget this tiny little detail and talk about all the wandering and providing God did during that time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

leaving_quietly - "Do JWs not actually READ the Bible?"

'Course not.

If they did, they'd end up here. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit